What's for dinner?

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Portia »

Salmon, arugula salad, garlic mashed potatoes, and grapefruit Italian soda. I'm improving.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Lots of rooibos tea and some pasta. It's finals week (meaning I don't have time to grocery shop) and I was gone for 10 days... My food storage is coming in handy.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

two days ago I made a spicy zucchini Korean soup... it had two tablespoons of chili paste in it and it felt like it was going to burn my mouth out!
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

The BHG edition I have lists this as Three Bean Tamale Casserole, but it's more or less the same: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/beans/two-bean-tamale-pie/ It's in the oven now, so we'll have to see how it turns out.

Last week when JoJo and her fiance were visiting, I made baked salmon with onions, tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash, flavored with lemon and dill. It was rather delicious.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Yesterday I made lasagna in the crockpot. It actually turned out better than I expected. I also never cook so this was a pleasant surprise to my husband.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Microwave Indian food and green beans leftover from breakfast yesterday. And maybe some chips and dip that I was eating on call last night.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Taste of Red Iguana with Orange Peel smoothies for dessert.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

We had Taco Bell for dinner, which isn't exciting, but then I was hungry later and made smoothies with vanilla bean Greek yogurt, milk, a banana, and frozen berries. They were tasty.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

This was Friday, but I'd been looking forward to it all week--margherita quesadilla consisting of fresh mozzerella, basil, and tomatoes. I also had a really good Italian chicken on Thursday that was incredibly easy to make for how delicious it was
Digit

Post by Digit »

My wife found a recipe for brownie-filled cookies. I never thought of mixing those two, but it was good. Definitely a milk-dipping item.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Okay, Digit, those brownie-filled cookies sound amazing. I want to try it, but I'm not a great baker, so I'll just have to stare and drool at the website for now.

Anyway, this isn't for dinner, but today for breakfast I made these apple pancakes. They were really good! We ate them with sour cream and meat on top (slightly Russian way).
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

YOU GUYS. There is a restaurant here called Earl's that has this warm potato salad and I could eat an entire vat of it. It is so good. And I just found an knock-off recipe for it: http://www.food.com/recipe/earls-warm-p ... con-459647

You all need to eat this. If you're a vegetarian, leave out the bacon and eat this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Just got a box of vegetables from a local csa (community supported agriculture). Any of you chefs have recommendations for sweet potato greens or okra that don't involve bacon? My first dish is risotto with sweet potato greens. Crossing my fingers. I know how to cook everything else (zucchini, cucumber, butternut squash).
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

okra is often used in gumbo, which gives it its gummy texture. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/46136/okra-gumbo/
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Mmm gumbo. I ended up doing fried okra which was good and easy, but if they send okra again I'll try gumbo.