Encore -- Spring

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Defy V

Encore -- Spring

Post by Defy V »

The only rule is that you have to have the word "spring" somewhere in your entry. And "spring" must refer to the season itself.

I'm hoping this one won't end up lasting for several weeks, but I can't think of any more restrictions right now so if it does, sorry. :)

"On a golden springtime, underneath the ground, a tiny seedling . . ."

-"On a golden springtime"
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Re: Encore -- Spring

Post by Craig Jessop »

"Oh what do you do in the springtime, when all the world is green"

-Oh what do you do...
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Craig Jessop wrote:"Oh what do you do in the springtime, when all the world is green"

-Oh what do you do...
I thought it was "summertime" (unless there's another verse I'm not familiar with).
melbabi

Post by melbabi »

"Springtime for Hitler and Germany watch out Europe, we're going on tour"

-'Springtime for Hitler' from The Producers
Alas! When passion is both meek and wild!
-John Keats
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Katya wrote:
Craig Jessop wrote:"Oh what do you do in the springtime, when all the world is green"

-Oh what do you do...
I thought it was "summertime" (unless there's another verse I'm not familiar with).
Seconded.

"Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call"

James Taylor, "You've Got a Friend"
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

"Spring is bursting out all over! All over the [something something something]."

I confess, I'm not sure if it's "bursting out" or "busting out," so I may be out on the first round.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. Spring has brought me such a nice surprise...

Come on, Mormons! :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

...since Craig got the lyrics wrong can I use the right ones?

"Oh what do you do in the springtime, when the whole world's just comin' alive?"
"Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime", InsideOut

If not, I've got contingencies.

On a related note, today is perfectly springlike. I am wearing short sleeves and open-toed shoes! (With nylons, of course.)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

C is for wrote:On a related note, today is perfectly springlike. I am wearing short sleeves and open-toed shoes! (With nylons, of course.)
Today is fairly springlike here, as well. (Tomorrow's anticipated 10" of snow—not so much.)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

We're expected to get snow again this weekend. Just in time for Conference! [sigh] Conference is so much better when it's springtime outside. But definitely not 10".
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

"Silver white winters that melt into spring, these are a few of my favorite things!"
-My Favorite Things, Sound of Music

Florida is not having a good beginning of spring. Tornadoes + tents + airplanes are no fun. My dad and I almost went down there, actually.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Quiet Lamb wrote:Florida is not having a good beginning of spring. Tornadoes + tents + airplanes are no fun. My dad and I almost went down there, actually.
What's up with the tents and airplanes?
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

"The flowers that bloom in the spring, tra la, have nothing to do with the case."

-- "The Flowers That Bloom in the Spring," The Mikado
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Katya wrote:"Spring is bursting out all over! All over the [something something something]."

I confess, I'm not sure if it's "bursting out" or "busting out," so I may be out on the first round.
I seem to remember this as "busting" but I'm not sure either.

But now I'm a bit confused. I always thought this was the same song as "June is busting out . . .". Is it the same song? Is it a different part of the song?
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Defy V wrote:
Katya wrote:"Spring is bursting out all over! All over the [something something something]."

But now I'm a bit confused. I always thought this was the same song as "June is busting out . . .". Is it the same song? Is it a different part of the song?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there isn't any "spring" in "June is Busting Out All Over."
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dead Cat wrote:
Defy V wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there isn't any "spring" in "June is Busting Out All Over."
:lol: Awesome. I should have given up before I even started.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

"I love the hour the seasons change and winter turns to spring and empty branches welcome newborn leaves."

--"Let Me In" from Rigoletto
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Dead Cat wrote:
Defy V wrote:

But then again, the song I know is definitely "Spring is bustin' out all over." Do you think they changed the lyrics to make it more meaningful to people who have spring before June?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

"well in know it's just a spring haze, but i don't much like the look of it"

Tori Amos, "Spring Haze"
Deus ab veritas
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I think I'll extend Day 1 all through today.