Encore: Tree Fruits

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
C is for
um Administrator

Encore: Tree Fruits

Post by C is for »

I'm having the worst week in history and it turns out the only thing that will cheer me up is a nice little game of Encore. Due to the awesome harvest at our house, the topic I came up with was fruits. But not fruits that come on bushes, just fruits that come on trees.

Basically not berries I guess. Even though we're harvesting those too.

In order to make the game more interesting, I'm putting a cap on the number of times each kind of tree fruit can be used, and that cap is 3.

Anyone up for a game?

(Sorry for the potentially lame topic. Maybe later we will come up with a better one for next round.)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Tree Fruits

Post by Katya »

"I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!"

- "Popcorn popping"
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I wish i was an apple, a hanging on a tree, and every time my cindy passed she'd take a bite of me

Cindy
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

Peaches! The best fruit ever!
(P.S. I don't think this is a lame encore topic-- my dad owns an orchard, so I could keep going for quite a while . . . )
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

"Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me, anyone else but me, anyone else but me . . . "

-Don't sit under the apple tree, or whatever the song is called
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Rifka wrote:Peaches! The best fruit ever!
(P.S. I don't think this is a lame encore topic-- my dad owns an orchard, so I could keep going for quite a while . . . )
Hey Rifka, is that a song or are you just exclaiming about peaches? I know that I neglected to mention this rule (I usually forget at least one), but in order for a song to count we need 8 consecutive words. Song title and artist are also pretty cool, in my opinion.

and for today's submission:

"This year, a glimpse of second chances: tiny apples on my tree's branches"
"Passage," Vienna Teng

Do you guys think we should also bold the words that we're hoping will count? I'm ambivalent about that convention.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

C is for wrote:Do you guys think we should also bold the words that we're hoping will count? I'm ambivalent about that convention.
Eh, it's probably not necessary unless there's likely to be some confusion. I just like bolding words. :)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

(Also, I'm sorry you're having such a bad week and I second Rifka that you picked a good theme.)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

"I heard it through the grapevine..."
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

C is for wrote:
Rifka wrote:Peaches! The best fruit ever!
Hey Rifka, is that a song or are you just exclaiming about peaches? I know that I neglected to mention this rule (I usually forget at least one), but in order for a song to count we need 8 consecutive words. Song title and artist are also pretty cool, in my opinion.
Oops! I forgot for a moment there that encore is a song game and was thinking we were just trying to name off different fruits. My bad. :) I still think it's a good topic, though.

That said, let me try again:

"If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops, oh what a rain it would be."
(P.S. Is there a rule about how often after coming up with a song that fits you can list another one? I'm obviously a little rusty on my Encore rules.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

"No ifs! No buts! Benjamin is honest as coconuts."

"Benjamin Calypso" Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Rifka wrote:(P.S. Is there a rule about how often after coming up with a song that fits you can list another one? I'm obviously a little rusty on my Encore rules.)
In the past, we've had the first round last for 1 partial day (the day that it's posted) + 1 full day the next day) and thereafter new rounds start at midnight. So, today would still be a continuation of round 1, and round 2 would start tomorrow. If C4 wants to run it that way, that is.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Katya wrote:
Rifka wrote:(P.S. Is there a rule about how often after coming up with a song that fits you can list another one? I'm obviously a little rusty on my Encore rules.)
In the past, we've had the first round last for 1 partial day (the day that it's posted) + 1 full day the next day) and thereafter new rounds start at midnight. So, today would still be a continuation of round 1, and round 2 would start tomorrow. If C4 wants to run it that way, that is.
Actually, yeah, I came here to say that round 1 will continue until midnight tonight.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: Encore: Tree Fruits

Post by Marduk »

"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, fiddly dee. There they are...."
Deus ab veritas
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

Can she make a cherry pie, Billy Boy, Billy Boy? Can she make a cherry pie charming Billy?
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

"We're living in a madhouse on Cherry Tree lane!"

--"Cherry Tree Lane Part 1" from Mary Poppins the Musical
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

And since it's technically Day Two, I'll go again.

"Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh. Doctor Coconut. Look out. Here he comes. Doctor Coconut. Look out. Here he comes. Doctor Coconut."

--"Doctor Coconut" from Phineas and Ferb
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

"Apple apple a a a. Apple apple a a a. Baby Baby b b b . . . "

-The song that taught me the alphabet
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Coconut is out for the count. No one is allowed to use any songs with coconut in them anymore.

Apple is out for the count. No one is allowed to use any songs with coconut in them anymore. Edit: I mean apple. I promise I didn't copy-paste, I just typed without thinking.

"Came across a place in the middle of nowhere with a big black horse and a cherry tree."

Cherry is out for the count. No one is allowed to use any songs with cherry in them anymore.

Woo! This is so fun. I knew I should've made the cap 4.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Ach, no! And there was a cherry song I've always wanted to do! Guess it'll have to wait for the next round. :(

--Jasper Fforde