Favorite of the week (Oct 10-16)

Which 100HB response was your favorite today? A place to create polls and respond.

Favorite of the week (Oct 10-16)

100 Hour vs. Ouija Boards
38%
Welfare Session of Conference
5%
Yankee Hating
No votes
Naming a stuffed monkey
5%
US vs UK Rock and Roll History/R.E.M. as greatest alternative band
33%
Disco
No votes
Apple Trees
14%
Other
5%

Total votes: 21

Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Oooo, there are a lot of good ones. I think I am just going to have to go with the Rock and Roll though. It is quite simply one of the best, most comprehensive responses that I have have seen in quite a while. 100 Hour vs. Ouija Boards is a close second though. :)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

In response to your question in the link to the apple tree question, Humble Master, I did in fact know that apple tree seeds are not true to the kind of apple tree they come from. *sigh* I'm going to give myself away soon if I'm not careful. But I actually had a teacher once who liked to rail on Johnny Appleseed for planting so many apple seeds because it introduced so many bad varieties of apples into the market. That was an interesting class.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I think my next wish is to get one of my questions on the weekly poll.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

The thing is, there's only so much that you as a question asker can do to get a good/funny response. You could ask the same question and get either a fairly standard answer or a highly creative answer. it really depends on how inspired the writers are feeling. And it's really the combination of Q & A that makes a favorite or memorable question.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

So true. And yet, I have to agree that it is also my goal to have a question appear here. Even if I have no control over it, it is still something I dream of.

:D
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Well, clearly you guys should just put up the polls every week-- then you would have all the control you want over who ends up in the polls :)
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Mmmm, I agree and disagree, ahem. There are good questions and bad questions. Though neither is guaranteed to have a matching answer, it's a whole lot more likely. Interesting questions often lead to interesting answers. Boring questions often lead to boring answers.

And if you guys want to have your questions be the winner, and you ask more good questions to achieve that, I'm all for it.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Man. I thought Claudio's rock history was epic. Too bad it didn't win.
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

I assumed the rock history answer was going to run away with the voting as well. I guess that's why we put up the polls for voting.