mb title bar nominations

Nominate new quotes for the title bar and peruse the archives.

Moderator: Title Bar

D'artagnan

Post by D'artagnan »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:I told my husband last night about this. Then I told him the quote got nominated, and that ever since I joined the board I hoped come up with something remotely funny enough to make it up here. But now, it isn't even my quote. All this time, and it was my husband that got quoted. Sigh.
You'll have that chance again someday.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Fredjikrang wrote:I just crunched some numbers, and I am $9.81 short on what I owe for tuition. Sometimes, life stinks.
How is this on topic?
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Fredjikrang wrote:I just crunched some numbers, and I am $9.81 short on what I owe for tuition. Sometimes, life stinks.
Whether it's on topic or not I'm officially submitting it as an mb title bar nominee
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Oh, woops. Thought I posted that in the random thread. Let me fix that.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

orb360 wrote:
Whether it's on topic or not I'm officially submitting it as an mb title bar nominee
That's what Goober and I were saying.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Rating Pending wrote:Or just build a cabin on it. A cabin built in the shape of my face.
And
Rating Pending wrote:"They say money can't buy happiness. I say lies. Money buys a wave runner. Have you ever seen anyone sad on a wave runner?"
Quotes from the actual board are allowed right?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Portia

Post by Portia »

"Instead, I will just have to lust after Google image pictures of cheesecake." Darth Fedora
Dark Chocolate

Re: sigh . . . good times

Post by Dark Chocolate »

Dark Chocolate wrote:after that year, i took a lip sabbatical for quite a while. -Briar Rose

Do you even know how many germs you are spreading, young man?! -Eponine

having the highest birth rate isn't necessarily indicative of the level of libi[d]inous activity -mabel

On my really OCD days I actually broke out scissors when there was no clean edge to tear on. -TheAnswerIs42

tines! the fork-y part of the fork! -Briar Rose

I bought some foreign hot chocolate which has not only celery, but shell fruits. -Portia

But no one cares about the forestiness of Maine. -ahem. I do! -Uffish Thought

I think that Tangerine is an alter-alias of Quandary. -Quandary

Everyone is an alter-alias of me. You all know it's true. -Tangerine

One Writer to rule them all, One Writer to find them.... -Yellow

i was thinking about making a shirt that says "i am bismark." it might get me more dates. -bismark

You see, the plot isn't simply thickening. It's positively congealing. -The Chalice of Evil

What's the point of being engaged if all you get i[s] nasty ol' buttercream cake? -Portia

Who's on the Lord's side? WhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo? -Avocado

"in the bathtub" always seemed a little bit more fun, but also a bit more sacrilegious... -bismark

In lieu of flowers, (or any other prize,) please donate to the Cheesecake for Tangerine fund. -Yellow

I wasn't explaining croissants simply for your benefit. Other people read this board as well. -The Chalice of Evil

a good hunk of the hymns in our hymnbook take away the spirit from since they put me to sleep... -bismark

My 20 minute drum solo during "In Our Lovely Deseret" seems a bit unnecessary now -kerouac jr

Only two people knew who Spaceman Spiff is/was? Are you sure your [FHE] family is human? -Fredjikrang

I gave up Sudoku for actual Lent and that was hard enough. -The Chalice of Evil

Not only does it have profanity, but it has sex and violence too! All the better. -Quandary

I can only imagine the logistical difficulties in dating one's own cartoon character. -ahem.

Therese is teaching high school and gets into a teacher/student relationship with BOTH Gerald and Jesse . . . -Avocado

Mr. Old Man in panel 5: NEVER wink like that again. -Portia

... so if it's stalking, it's good stalking. -Quandary
I still think these are gold, every one of 'em, and should have the honor of being showcased.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I think we need to change the quote more often. It's not like we're going to run out of them!
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

seriously. we should change once every two weeks at least.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:seriously. we should change once every two weeks at least.
I concur.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni wrote:Having your A string break is better than having your G string break... That happened to Craig one time at BYU, so he walked around asking people where he could buy a G string.
Giovanni Schwartz

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Giovanni wrote:Having your A string break is better than having your G string break... That happened to Craig one time at BYU, so he walked around asking people where he could buy a G string.
I can't even find where I said that...
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote: I can't even find where I said that...
Right here dude.
Giovanni Schwartz

Oh, thanks. I thought I had said it on the mb, because that's where it was nominated. Although it should read:
me wrote:You know, having your A string break is better than having you G string break... That happened to Craig's cello one time at BYU, so he walked around the HFAC asking people where he could buy a G string.
But the edited for length version 'twill suffice.
Portia

Post by Portia »

yellow m&m wrote:I think we need to change the quote more often. It's not like we're going to run out of them!
*coughs in the general direction of bob and Fred*

Yeah . . . even though I abdicated admin responsibilities ages ago, let's be honest: I'm the one usually changing it, if it gets changed.

and another:

"i amaze myself." -bismark
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

some random dude wrote:No, I don't eat ice cream. It goes straight to my pancreas.
I heard this walking by the cougar eat earlier, and just burst out laughing. I never heard of a food going straight to the pancreas before. Now I have.

----------------------
And Portia, they clearly allow you to change it, because we trust your high judgment on what is and isn't funny. Otherwise some random thing that I say would be the title bar, like "Pizza is tomorrow's Mozzarella". It just doesn't fly, we clearly depend on you to make that change. Portia, you are our only hope. And please expect a letter from some board writer saying the message board hung itself over desperation of your absence. (Not trying to be rude if it comes off like that.)
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Yeah, we should probably work on that. . .
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Portia wrote:
yellow m&m wrote:I think we need to change the quote more often. It's not like we're going to run out of them!
*coughs in the general direction of bob and Fred*

Yeah . . . even though I abdicated admin responsibilities ages ago, let's be honest: I'm the one usually changing it, if it gets changed.
I vote it's Fred's job.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Way to pass the buck.