New Movies

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Digit

New Movies

Post by Digit »

Regarding Question 66879, I myself have proceeded to the point where if a movie sounds interesting, I just want to know what happens in the end and don't even care to watch the thing, as that takes too long to simply answer the question. On every occasion where a big movie advertisement sparks my curiosity, I've gone to the associated Wikipedia article a few days after opening and just read the synopsis to satiate that curiosity. Nowadays, the sort of spectacle I like to sit and watch is mostly nonfiction documentaries like How the Universe Works, The Planets, and things like that.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Humble Master

Re: New Movies

Post by Humble Master »

There's an energy to excited movie theaters that changes the viewing experience. That's one of the perks of midnight shows.
TheAnswerIs42

Re: New Movies

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I have ended up at a couple of "pre-showings", and I think those are awesome. I can watch the movie and then walk out and see all the crazy people in costume outside in lines to get into the midnight showings. I think I did a LOTR midnight with a friend. Mostly I remember deciding that I would never sit on the front row again. I thought the movie was going to attack me.

As for crazy energy, that is what I used to love about the dollar movies in the Varsity theater. I remember going to see Star Wars there, and there was a large group of girls towards the front that was (quite vocally) in love with Darth Maul. That certainly made the movie experience more entertaining. Ahh, Freshmen.