I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Fredjikrang »

I dreamed that I was trying to get into a national park with some friends of mine, but it was really expensive, so I asked one of the rangers if there was a cheap way to get in. I guess I looked poor, so a lady ranger (who just happened to be named Rachel Ray, I have no idea why) helped me out and got me access to all of the national parks for a year for about $3. Instead of $200.

Of course she did it by saying that my mother was crippled. (Which she wasn't.)

And then, when we got in the national park, at least near the entrance it was like an amusement park.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I dreamed that I was convinced I'd been pregnant. I could see the journal entry where I announced it, and I kept asking everybody if they remembered it. No one could! I was like, "I was pregnant!!! How could you not remember???"

Then I thought a little bit more and came to the conclusion that I must've dreamed that I'd been pregnant. I was looking at myself and saying, "I don't look like I've ever been pregnant. And I sure don't remember any baby. And goodness knows I could never figure out how I'd gotten pregnant in the first place. It must've been a dream."
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

That reminds me of the time I dreamed I gave birth to two-year-old twins in the bathroom of my apartment.Their father was a dead WWII veteran, who had been killed in combat and looked like Leo in the television show Charmed. That was an odd dream. I miss having crazy dreams like that.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I dreamed that my boyfriend proposed to me. I wasn't ready for it.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I dreamed I was hiding from a king, and to avoid being caught when trapped in his children's life-sized play castle I had to pretend to be a very realistic doll, complete with song and dance. But he was so delighted that, instead of going to get his kids (at which point I would be able to escape), he took me to go see them. Through some very crowded halls. And I had to stop and dance for lots of people.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Did you watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang recently?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Fredjikrang wrote:Did you watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang recently?
That's what I was thinking!

(I have CCBB dreams regularly...)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Dreamt I was growing greeting cards. They were growing really well and I got some limited-edition ones.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Defy V wrote:I dreamed that in order to vote in the Utah primaries, you had to go through the slot canyon Spooky.
That would be an improvement on the current primary system.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Fredjikrang wrote:Did you watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang recently?
No, actually, though I'm pretty sure my dream self got the idea from the movie.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I dreamed that President Monson died and I couldn't remember who was next in line.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Katya wrote:I dreamed that President Monson died and I couldn't remember who was next in line.
I know President Packer is next in line, but I have no clue who will outlive President Monson. So it's a valid dream.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

No one will outlive President Monson.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I had a dream in which I had, in addition to my two real (and close to my age) siblings, a five-ish-year-old sister. For some reason, that made me really, really happy. Also, Paul McCartney was complaining about an operation he had somewhere and how badly he was taken care of at the hospital.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dreamed it was my wedding day to a guy I like very much. The cake was amazing: chocolate layer on top, raspberry on the bottom, with chocolate ganache in between and a thick fondant on the outside. (Someone make this for me!) Act II was pretty intense: being worried about the temple, and death in the family.

I have dreamed about this guy nearly every day for a month, with rare appearances from an ex. That CAKE! It was so real. Very strong cakey qualia.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:The cake was amazing: chocolate layer on top, raspberry on the bottom, with chocolate ganache in between and a thick fondant on the outside.
Good heavens.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Katya wrote:
Portia wrote:The cake was amazing: chocolate layer on top, raspberry on the bottom, with chocolate ganache in between and a thick fondant on the outside.
Good heavens.
No kidding. Such a good start, and then her subconscious had to go and ruin it with fondant. ;)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Laser Jock wrote:
Katya wrote:
Good heavens.
No kidding. Such a good start, and then her subconscious had to go and ruin it with fondant. ;)
I'm no pastry chef, but the google image search looked like roughly what my brain was thinking. Thick and chocolaty with a sheen, right? I certainly hope you don't prefer the hard, white stuff on more "traditional" cakes (name, anyone?).

Also, this guy is on vacation IRL, and it has made me surprisingly mopey today because we have somehow spent every day together, with a couple exceptions, for about 5 weeks. !
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Umm, that hard, white stuff. It's called fondant. ;D (Seriously.)
Portia

Post by Portia »

I thought that was buttercream! The gross one. My dream wedding cake frosting was delicious, obviously! (Like the groom - boomksh!)