I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Fredjikrang »

Nope, buttercream is the more traditional grocery store frosting, and fondant the fancy frosting. ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Portia wrote:I thought that was buttercream! The gross one. My dream wedding cake frosting was delicious, obviously! (Like the groom - boomksh!)
Whew! I know there are some very valid reasons for picking fondant, but taste is definitely not one of them. And if you're going to dream up that cake, taste is obviously a priority. :)
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I dreamed that I was examining people's finger joints for swelling. Which I've done like a hundred times this week because I'm working with a rheumatologist. What an exciting dream.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Laser Jock wrote:
Portia wrote:I thought that was buttercream! The gross one. My dream wedding cake frosting was delicious, obviously! (Like the groom - boomksh!)
Whew! I know there are some very valid reasons for picking fondant, but taste is definitely not one of them. And if you're going to dream up that cake, taste is obviously a priority. :)
Executive decision: we're calling it fudge. Nnnnngh I HATE wedding planning!!
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

My father (not my real-life father, some other one) and I were checking out the vendor booths at Rocky Point or somewhere, and he was teaching me to freeze time to move through faster while still looking at all the stuff. But since I was new to the whole freezing time gig, we only did one booth at a time. Anyway, some other people could also freeze time, so when we froze their booths, they still moved around and chatted with us. And we went on and on and the booths disappeared and the path turned into a sort of maze, and there were industrial sections and garden sections and downtown Tucson and we still sometimes ran into other time-freezers--but now the was an edge of urgency, and the other people could be friendly or antagonistic or undecided. In the garden area, we ran into an undecided one--more accurately, an oblivious one--and he was tall and thin and possibly dreadlocked and beautiful. He kissed me (greeting style, not romantically) and we wandered around with our arms around each other as he introduced me to all his hippy friends. But he kissed those girls too, and it made me a little bit jealous, and I was trying to figure out a way to stay in the garden area and make this guy love me instead of going with my dad to finish whatever important thing was happening elsewhere.

And then I woke up, and I'm a little disgruntled to not even have a loose-lipped time-freezing hippy to love. Sigh.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

UffishThought wrote:I'm a little disgruntled to not even have a loose-lipped time-freezing hippy to love.
Aren't we all, sister. Aren't we all.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

This last dream was really complicated and weird. There was this guy who looks like the psychiatrist from Once Upon a Time who fell in love with me and I spent a good while running and hiding from him (at one point, he found me and he was actually not that bad when I told him I didn't like him). As I fled, I met up with a bunch of Middle Eastern women who were hiding for other reasons and I joined them in their fallout shelter that was being bombarded by fake aliens. Once that stopped, I joined them as they went to the airport and I went through some complicated obstacle courses to allow them access to the plane. Once we got back to their place, it was all futuristic and stuff and there was this controlling mother person who had a dark secret that even she might not have remembered. The last thing I remember before waking up was going to find a fake beard so people in the futuristic house (again, Middle Eastern) would take me seriously.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I dreamt that my best friend who is currently in Sacramento fell madly in love with someone. But I didn't know who, because I was too busy befriending and comforting his grieving ex-girlfriend. I don't think he even actually appeared in my dream, I just was associating with people I knew because of him. This is the third or fourth time I've had a similar dream, and it's starting to get annoying. Especially the waking up at 2:39 upset because someone betrayed my new best friend (the ex-girlfriend.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My sister and I are currently preparing to attend and vend at next year's Duct Tape Festival. In my dream, we were there, only to find out that everyone had lied about it - there were maybe 200-300 people there, not 40,000; there were practically no other venders; and we weren't selling anything. I'm surprised I didn't wake up more upset. We're planning to put a couple thousand hours and a few thousand dollars into this trip.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I had a dream that I was kicking zombie butt in the zombie apocalypse. My homemade flame thrower was particularly effective.
beautiful, dirty, rich
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I had another flying dream! These ones are usually at least partially lucid; that is, I don't fly until I say "Hey, isn't this a dream? That means I can fly!" And then I jump off a low wall or flap my arms while running etc. and I'm eventually able to gain some air and I spend the rest of the dream flying as much as I can (many starts and stops).

This time I got to the top of a very, very, very tall building, realized that I should be able to fly, and effing threw myself off the building. I was worried for a brief moment, but I jumped anyway. And I did fly. And it was the easiest flying I've ever done in a dream. And this dream means something to me. I love it when dreams actually mean things.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Imogen wrote:I had a dream that I was kicking zombie butt in the zombie apocalypse. My homemade flame thrower was particularly effective.
Ha, you reminded me of when I was maybe 10 or 11 when I duct taped an air freshener to a hollow plastic oar to a soup can with a hole in the bottom for my own homemade flame thrower.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Digit wrote:
Imogen wrote:I had a dream that I was kicking zombie butt in the zombie apocalypse. My homemade flame thrower was particularly effective.
Ha, you reminded me of when I was maybe 10 or 11 when I duct taped an air freshener to a hollow plastic oar to a soup can with a hole in the bottom for my own homemade flame thrower.
WANT.
Portia

Post by Portia »

So I feel like in dreams people rarely actually die, but in my dream last night, a close relative actually died.

Also, a few days ago I had an extensive, symbolic, romantic dream, which took 4 pages of notebook paper to write down. I am still thinking about different insights. Anyone else write down their dreams in a journal?
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I had a cool dream last night. It may have been highly influenced by "How to train your Dragon" since I had a black dragon. But, it could change sizes. Also, I was sick or something for a while. And there was another creature, that was kind of dragon like, that everyone wanted to get rid of, but I was arguing that we shouldn't, that it wasn't evil. And I was definitely trying to use and Arduino to prove it. And somehow at the end of the dream I ended up in a 2D space game. . . Not quite sure how that happened.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I had a dream I was being stalked by a homeless dwarf, who eventually stole my iPod. Also, one of my legs was significantly shorter than the other, and I had to run away from him while walking on my tiptoes on one foot. It was a weirdly vivid dream.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I had a dream a few nights ago that the guy I like and I finally sat down and told each other we liked each other and decided to be couple. and then he gave me the best hug and a kiss on my nose. and then i woke up suuuuuuuuuper depressed.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Last night my life coalesced in a dream. I had to do integrals to save the crew of Stargate: Atlantis. I even woke up, and then went back to sleep to do another one! ;D
Digit

Post by Digit »

I guess that's what you call integration by parts :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I had a dream that I bought a house. And then proceeded to yell at everyone for leaving lights on when they came to visit me because I'd spent so much on the house I didn't have money for the utilities.