I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Dragon Lady »

I just woke up from a dream where I chased down a guy that was putting Dragon Baby in the trunk of his car I say there and kept punching him, but even in dream I knew I was weak and that it was laughable. So I kicked him hard in the crotch instead. And then woke up and spent awhile trying to finish the dream.

But before that I dreamt I was going to a writer party where I was going to debut my new nym, Big Fat Liarface. And I was going to use it to answer all the over hours questions with clever lies. If any writer would like to adopt said nym, I'm willing to sell it. Maybe for dinner?
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

You are brilliant.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

If I was still in Utah, I'd get you dinner for that wonderful nym!

Ugh, I had an awful dream. First, I was replaying driving from Utah to Colorado over and over, and everything went wrong. It was just tedious. Then the dream shifted and I was at a mall and there was a shooter (he had a staple gun, but in the dream it was serious business and it hurt!); I was trying to get people out, and find my family/Mr. Mico, but they gunned me down. Hey, DL, why are you and I having such violent dreams anyway?? When I woke up I told Mr. Mico I was having a bad dream and he reassured me it was "just a dream." Which I already knew - DUH - so, not the most helpful advice. Of course, he was mostly asleep, so I guess it's okay. :P
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

mic0, for you, I would just let you have the nym. So long as you use it wisely and keep that inbox free of red. At least mostly free of red. :)

After I went back to sleep I had another dream that I was following the guy with DB in his trunk down the freeway. And found out that he had bought a bus ticket at a pawn shop but he didn't realize that it was a vintage bus ticket that would still work at any bus stop, but is actually worth a lot of money. So when he pulled off to the side of the freeway to get on a bus, I pulled over, too. As well as a bunch of other cars that I think were plain clothes police cars. It scared him, so even though he'd already given the bus ticket to the bus driver, he quickly climbed the fence, DB in tow, and took off. The cops took off after him, but it had a few layers of barbed wire at the top and it hurt their fingers, so they came back down. And I was like, "What the what? THAT'S MY BABY!" So I climbed the fence and took off after him. After a short hill, there was another fence, just the same. So I told him how valuable that ticket was that he had given the bus driver and told him he could have the ticket back if he'd just give me back DB. He agreed, so he handed me DB over the fence and I took her back down with him behind me. But he didn't know those other cars were cops, so when he got down to get his ticket, he was arrested. Wooo!

And mic0, I always have violent dreams. Well, not always. Big Fat Liarface wasn't violent at all. But it's really common for me. But they're never bad enough that I wake up hyperventilating or anything. They're just par for the course. Maybe because I learned as a kid that I can have some control over my dreams and I can often pull in my consciousness enough to change details. Though when I do, I feel like I'm cheating. Even in the dream. Weird...
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I had a dream where I was at the wedding of a sister from my mission. The thing is, I think she really DID get married yesterday. Just not in the Newport Beach temple that I was picturing.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I didn't dream last night, but the other day I had a dream that my best friend guy friends (one married, one recently broke up with his gf) got into a fight with a new friend of mine because she was setting me up with a guy. They were all fighting because apparently the guys I already know wanted to marry me. The funny part was that I was dating a fourth guy in the dream, but no else seemed to care.
Sparklebreeze

Post by Sparklebreeze »

I had to compete in synchronized diving in the olympics. I've had a fear of flipping ever since I was ten years old. They didn't seem to care, and told me that I should just go for it (a quadruple flip twisty pike crazy dive) without warming up. Solid plan. My partner was another girl from my old dive team.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

I don't remember the specific dream, but I must have been cold last night, since I woke up with Christmas songs stuck in my head. I often dream about Christmas when I get cold at night.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I was sick with some spinal disease and they were going to operate on me. So they gave me the medicine to put me under and then I was tiredly looking for my DS charger so I would have something to do in the hospital.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I dreamed that I was playing Pictionary with people. (Or something like that.) Except there were like 3 different piles of paper slips to choose from, and I don't think all of them would've worked for Pictionary. One person picked up "yayfulness" and I was like, "There's no way you can draw that without knowing werf's secret identity!" Which I did. And I don't know how that would've helped.

Right before I woke up, I picked up the slip "Emerald Coast Roasted Fish" or something like that. Now that, I could've done. But, as usual, some dramatic hijinks got in the way and I think someone got murdered instead.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I dreamt that there were all these people trying to break into our house (by force, sneakines, or persuasion) and I had to keep on getting rid of them. At one point I was bludgeoning people with a gun because I hate shooting but they wouldn't get out otherwise.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I dreamed that President Monson pulled me out of class to go do something with him. I was strangely unsurprised, and I don't think the rest of the class even noticed (although I was hoping they would).
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Gio, I dreamed you died. Whatever it was that killed you turned you purple, and Craig was really upset. All of us on the boardboard were upset, actually.
Giovanni Schwartz

Huh. Purple. I think I could pull that off.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Well I hope I was upset.

I also believe he could pull of purple (which, on a semi-related note, is the color of shirt I wore today).
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I had a dream that Yog in Neverland was fired as a writer for no good reason. Here's hoping that dream doesn't come true.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Giovanni Schwartz

There's a good reason for anything that happens to Yog. How can one hate Harry Potter?!?
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I had a dream that poster-making was an Olympic event, and my little brother won gold against Pakistan, and when he won he started eating a hamburger and crying.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

So, my dreams when I am sick are odd. I just woke up from one where I was watching a football game with my best guy friend, and the game was a bit slow. Oregon was playing Michigan, but there was an argument on the sidelines between a couple cheerleaders over rechargeable batteries for xbox controllers and we missed a spectacular touch down because the camera crew was focusing on this argument. And I'm pretty sure the sidelines were on the beach.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

And last night I dreamed that I went to my hometown's local comic book store (which I've been inside about three times) and bought Sailor Moon merchandise. Then, while waiting for my mom to give me a ride home, I found my long-lost gameboy in the bathroom drawer of the store. Apparently I had left it there almost ten years previously and they'd never got rid of it. I woke up while trying to prove that it was mine.

--Jasper Fforde