I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I had a crazy dream that the Schwartz/Jessop family decided to go to some activity in Phoenix that there were a lot of people at. We had to park kind of far away (in a parking garage? I think?) So we were walking towards the activity and about 200 yards down the road could see an intersection with a bunch of people at it, so we were all excited. As we are walking down the road, a big old passenger jet suddenly flies over the crowd, not more than 10 feet above everyone's head, and then sharply banks upward and to the side. We're all thinking that they hired a jet stunts person to keep us entertained. Until about 3 seconds later, when it's pulling some crazy moves, and then all of the sudden crashes to the ground. We all watch on shock for about half a second, until we notice that it is making an ever expanding fireball that is coming in all directions, including straight towards us. We start to run, and barely make it clear of the fireball. And then a piece of debris lands about 100 yards away and makes another, smaller fireball that also barely reaches us.

And then I woke up. It was really intense.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

I dreamed that my sister and I were driving along in our '93 Dodge Shadow when one of the windshield wipers burst into flames.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I don't remember what my dream was about, but I owned some shirt that I actually don't. When I woke up this morning, all of my clothes were unsatisfying as a result. It was the most illogical emotion ever.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Genuine: which sister?
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

UffishThought wrote:Genuine: which sister?
M-Lite. She and I shared the Shadow at BYU.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Prophetic dream! She just had some car troubles.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

UffishThought wrote:Prophetic dream! She just had some car troubles.
?!?!??!

UFFISH! We need to harness this great gift of yours.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Identifying when Genuine has dreams that will come true?
mic0

Post by mic0 »

UffishThought wrote:Identifying when Genuine has dreams that will come true?
No... maybe you just have prophetic dreams in general? Any other boardboarders in your dreams? Hmmm. Maybe this is a dead end.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I had a really intense dream last night. I was the Avatar and a witch (a la Harry Potter) and I had found two of Voldemort's Horcruxes (a tooth and a kid's video) and I told my family about them. Then, while we were at Voldemort's house for some reason, the zombie apocalypse started. We got away in a van and started driving to Nome, Scourgifying everyone we came in contact with along the way and warning them about the zombies. I remember wanting to get the Horcruxes to President Monson so he could destroy them, but I woke up before that could happen.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

That is one of the best dreams I've ever heard of!
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I had a dream last night that I could shoot fire, water, wind, and earth from my hands, and the earth and air had other special powers, and then I learned to fly, and then I saved someone, and then I went to a party for me saving them, and then I suddenly was able to shoot mozzarella cheese from my hands, because someone was eating a salad, and complained that their salad didn't have enough cheese on it, so I tried to shoot cheese and it worked. It was a lot harder to shoot cheese than fire.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

After watching a couple episodes of "Sister Wives" before bed, I dreamed that Marx was engaged to the girl he dated in high school. I woke him and made him tell me it wasn't true.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I dreamed that it was the day of my wedding to a friend of mine, but I realized that he was never actually proposed to me...and I started to panic and broke off the engagement.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

I dreamt that I went to a play just to stalk one of the actors that happened to be a Board writer. Also, the play was in the Tanner bldg, where DC is held, but there were only four rows of seats in the whole auditorium. The seats moved to the front or back of the room on a track, almost like a roller coaster, depending on the level of anticipation/excitement/energy in the room.

I just realized that the rollercoaster-esque seating was probably due to the jack hammer next door. It sounds an awful lot like a wooden rollercoaster.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I had a dream that my dad came down to Provo looking for me. He knew where my boyfriend lived (I don't know how?) and he showed my dad where I live. There used to be an Albertsons there, but it's long since closed. He asked me what happened to it. He said he wanted to get a bag of Albertsons chocolate chip cookies, because they were my mom's favorite. I said they still had Albertsons up in Seattle or Boise. I miss those cookies.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

I had a confusing mishmash of dreams about being late for my best friend's wedding (which is tonight...yes, a Thursday night...) and something about my grandmother.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Emiliana wrote:my best friend's wedding (which is tonight...yes, a Thursday night...)
It used to be considered unlucky to get married on a Friday or Saturday. I want a weekday wedding. Weed out the people who don't want to be there. B-)
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Please, for the love of everyone you love, don't do that! I can't take off work or I lose long-term status and take a big pay cut, so I've had to drive an hour each way four times in the past week. Last night I didn't get home until 11, and tonight is likely to be 12, so I'm sleep deprived as well as spending a small fortune on gas and toll roads (it would take closer to 2 hours to get out there if I avoided tolls).