I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Random »

Well, it was a specific pony, but not one of the established characters in the show... I made her up. It was actually kind of awesome! :)
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Portia

Post by Portia »

Not only is the entire Board Matt Meese, but he was in BOTH my dream and my boyfriend's dream last night!!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Yeah, I dreamed about him a couple nights ago too.
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Post by Yog in Neverland »

Time lord postage stamps.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Yog in Neverland wrote:Time lord postage stamps.
:D

Second time that I've dreamed about canceling a wedding that was about to happen in a couple of days. Different guys both times...
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I had confused, anxious dreams where I couldn't remember who I was supposed to be marrying. At various points during the night I thought it was both of my college exes, but then I'd wake up next to Marx and think, Oh, thank goodness.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I dreamed that there was some kind of weird blue fungus growing all over my body, but I decided that it wasn't a big deal and I could just live with it.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I dreamed that OH WAIT I DIDN'T DREAM BECAUSE I WAS LYING AWAKE ON THE FLOOR.

Why do air mattresses never remain un-punctured for more than a few months?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I dreamed that OH WAIT I DIDN'T DREAM BECAUSE I WAS LYING AWAKE ON THE FLOOR.

Has Random never shown you the beauties of duct tape, Bob? You should steal a couple of inches from her now and again. You'd have a leak-free mattress in n time :-)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Unfortunately I was at a hotel at the time and the only tape I had was for resale and couldn't be opened.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Squirrel wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:I dreamed that OH WAIT I DIDN'T DREAM BECAUSE I WAS LYING AWAKE ON THE FLOOR.

Has Random never shown you the beauties of duct tape, Bob? You should steal a couple of inches from her now and again. You'd have a leak-free mattress in n time :-)
Bob was borrowing the air mattress for the night, so she didn't have time to find and fix a leak. Duct tape alone wouldn't be a permanent solution anyway, you'd need some glue or something to put directly on the hole, but putting duct tape on top of it would probably help keep the glue on.

I keep dreaming that there's a zombie apocalypse. Seriously, this has happened at least 3 times in the past couple of weeks. Did I ever mention that I'm super afraid of zombies?
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

:-P oops. Now I know a lot more about patching air mattresses. Sorry about the rough night, Bob :-(
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Ok. This is what happened in my dream last night. So in real life, I have one brother and no sisters. But in the dream we had a sister too, and we all lived in the same house. And my sister hadn't come out of her room in days, and so my brother went in to see what was going on. And there was a tiny old man (by tiny I mean like 10 inches tall) who had been sleeping on the ceiling, and he fell out of bed. And so I went in and was being all doctory, and I noticed that one of his shoulders was all red and swollen and pulled forward, and I thought he had probably fractured his humerus. So me and my brother took him to the hospital, but we had to fight my sister to get the tiny old man out of the room. And we finally got there, and I then I was working there, and I tried to tell the doctor I was working with that I thought the tiny old man needed an x-ray of his shoulder. But the doctor thought that was a really stupid idea and was like, "No, he needs a colonoscopy because he probably has colon cancer and that's why he fell out of bed." And I was like, "That doesn't even make sense, and look at his shoulder!!" It was very weird and frustrating.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

I could honestly flood this forum with all the vivid dreams I've had and remembered over the years. I'll just summarize it all though by explaining that 90% of my dreams take place in the same world. And I've been able to draw decently accurate maps of that world. So when I start dreaming pretty much anything, the first thing I do is determine if I've been there before. Then go along and enjoy the dream.

But last night, I had a dream that I participated in a pretty epic snowball fight. Like, one team had a cannon, and the other team was capable of forming good snowballs in about 3 seconds. And could carry extras in their pockets.

This was after the dream where the mob boss had captured me and all my friends were watching a movie in the theater he owned, waiting for me to escape. And the mob boss was being super creepy at me the whole time. Finally he let me sit by myself and I found my exboyfriend and didn't let go of his hand for the rest of the night.

I'm pretty sure the snowball fight happened somewhere in the process of my escape. Because I was hiding before the teams started fighting each other. Then I jumped in and joined them because no one would expect me to be having a snowball fight now of all times.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

SmurfBlueSnuggie wrote:I could honestly flood this forum with all the vivid dreams I've had and remembered over the years. I'll just summarize it all though by explaining that 90% of my dreams take place in the same world. And I've been able to draw decently accurate maps of that world. So when I start dreaming pretty much anything, the first thing I do is determine if I've been there before. Then go along and enjoy the dream.
That sounds seriously fun. It makes me think of Narnia for some reason. Are you able to control what happens in the dream at all?
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Sometimes. If I recognize it's a dream while it's happening, I can control most of my own actions from then until I wake up. Don't know exactly what makes it so I recognize it's a dream, but I'm actually trying to learn how to do that. Because it is pretty freaking awesome to control dreams. And useful, if I get control during a nightmare. I've managed to make better moves that keep me safer from dream bad-guys that way. :)

Have you ever heard of the idea of connecting dreams? I think it would be cool to find friends who can lucid dream and see if we can make the theory work. Then we could have a party while sleeping. High efficiency time-management. :D
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

SmurfBlueSnuggie wrote:Have you ever heard of the idea of connecting dreams? I think it would be cool to find friends who can lucid dream and see if we can make the theory work. Then we could have a party while sleeping. High efficiency time-management. :D
I haven't, but that sounds like fun! In college, my roommate and I had a sort of collective imaginary friend who was a sheep and we would periodically update each other on its activities. But it would have been even more awesome if we could have done that while sleeping.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

That's a fun idea! Super cute. :)
Violet

Post by Violet »

I had my first ever pregnancy dream last night and I was confused and panicking in the dream because there was no way it could have happened. I woke up and was very relieved. The idea of being pregnant scares me enough as it is.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Last night I dreamed that I was giving out unsolicited personalized book recommendations on the bb. As you do...