I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Portia »

Emiliana wrote:for the love of everyone you love
This isn't many people. We'll see if any putative fiancés make the cut...
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

My dreams were strange last night.
1. I had to sneak out of an endowment session because I haven't been (and was not ready to be) endowed yet.
2. For some reason we were moving my grandpa's body to a different casket even though he'd been dead for years and he started moving--apparently he'd had been slightly alive the whole time.
3. There was a bad guy who I had to use Harry Potter spells (which probably weren't actually working, but he humored me to react like the worked sometimes) and time travel (which was activated by throwing a bike into water) to try to stop him. And there was something about messages in bottles that had to be put together.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

My entire high school graduating class (minus me) got together and murdered this guy from our class. They hadn't invited me because they'd known I wouldn't go along with it, but somehow I knew about it anyway and I was trying to play it cool like I didn't know what had happened but then it was the next day and he (the murdered guy) didn't show up for class so people were starting to ask questions and I didn't know what to do.

This was after basically the same thing happened with the cast of Community, only Yvette/Shirley was the one who didn't participate in the murder and I don't remember who they had murdered.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Katya wrote:My entire high school graduating class (minus me) got together and murdered this guy from our class. They hadn't invited me because they'd known I wouldn't go along with it, but somehow I knew about it anyway and I was trying to play it cool like I didn't know what had happened but then it was the next day and he (the murdered guy) didn't show up for class so people were starting to ask questions and I didn't know what to do.

This was after basically the same thing happened with the cast of Community, only Yvette/Shirley was the one who didn't participate in the murder and I don't remember who they had murdered.
Didn't read the title of this thread. Was disturbed.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:
Katya wrote:My entire high school graduating class (minus me) got together and murdered this guy from our class. They hadn't invited me because they'd known I wouldn't go along with it, but somehow I knew about it anyway and I was trying to play it cool like I didn't know what had happened but then it was the next day and he (the murdered guy) didn't show up for class so people were starting to ask questions and I didn't know what to do.

Didn't read the title of this thread. Was disturbed.
:lol: Well, since it's coming from my subconscious, maybe you should be disturbed, anyway.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Darn it, I specifically tried to remember my last couple of dreams to write them on the bb, and they both slipped away from me. I remember a lot of flying, but that is pretty much a constant in my dreams.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I just woke up from a nap. Again. I've taken two consecutive ninety minute naps.

Anyways. There was dreaming. About adorable kittens (well, they were at least featured). And I was nearly moved to tears (I think I'm probably emotionally unstable right now, for some strange reason, cause they weren't happy tears, they were more, I'm exhausted and I need a reason to cry tears.).
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Does anyone else not fly in their dreams? I've never flown in any dream. Ever. Even that time when I was a dragon.

I tend to have a lot of bathrooms in my dreams. It's not like I need to pee every time I go to bed or anything, there are just bathrooms. For no apparent reason. Sometimes I can use the bathrooms to escape from the bad guys, but sometimes they're not much of a deterrent.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I don't think I've ever flown in a dream. I've fallen. :/ The idea of flying isn't appealing to me during the daytime, so I guess that's why I don't dream about it.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I haven't even fallen! I suppose that I've tripped a couple times, but I wouldn't count that as a fall in a dream, since I think regular people dream more of long falls off tall buildings (or something? I dunno, I don't dream it) rather than immediately belly flopping into the stream where a hungry alligator is waiting to eat me whole...

I don't think I would like flying either, Mico. Maybe hovering would be okay, but not full-blown flying. I'm waaay to afraid of heights for that to be any fun. Unless you're talking about airplanes. Those are fine. I don't mind them.

Worst dream ever: zombie apocalypse. I woke up in the middle of the night, literally paralyzed for a couple seconds due to fear. And then couldn't get back to sleep for another hour because with every bump and creak I was sure the zombies were coming to get me.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I haven't had a flying dream in a while, but when I get them, they are VIVID. To the point where I was half-convinced as a child that I really could fly. And I still have enough--what feels like muscle memory--from the dreams that even though I know now that I really can't fly, I still think I can. Just a little bit.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

UffishThought wrote:And I still have enough--what feels like muscle memory--from the dreams that even though I know now that I really can't fly, I still think I can. Just a little bit.
That's so interesting and weird! Argh, I just wish neuroscientists could figure out how dreams work already. This is fascinating!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I dreamt I was engaged to a guy who'd been divorced three times and had a child from each marriage. (I was beginning to think that maybe marrying him wasn't such a great idea.)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I dreamt that my ex-boyfriend and his brother happened to be visiting with their mom (who wasn't their real-life mom, but another guy's mom). She was interested in some bunnies that had been born the previous spring.

I gave the brother a hug and glared at my ex and told him I didn't want to talk to him.

The bunnies were pretty cute, though, for being made out of fuzzy paper.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

mic0 wrote:
UffishThought wrote:And I still have enough--what feels like muscle memory--from the dreams that even though I know now that I really can't fly, I still think I can. Just a little bit.
That's so interesting and weird! Argh, I just wish neuroscientists could figure out how dreams work already. This is fascinating!
YES
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Last night I dreamed that I invented some device like an EMP, but rather than ruining all electronics within range, it made all the stickers around me unsticky.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

It wasn't a dream, but I woke up about an hour and half after I went to bed last night, showered and started getting ready for work before looking at my clock and realizing I still had four hours to go.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I dreamt my husband decided to marry someone else and I was devastated.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

One time I dreamed I was a pony of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic variety. Cartoon dream pony, guys.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

was it a specific pony, or just a general MLP pony?