I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Man, my dream last night was pretty good. It was one of those where I make magic work through sheer force of will (quite a common occurrence in my dreams, where I make things change by demanding that they do because I'm in charge). This time I was using it to run away from some huge wolves, though I was running toward a source of potion that would change them into regular dogs.

I think it was a combination of having been at a dog show for two days and then playing a quest-type computer game.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

I dreamed I came across some cereal in my kitchen that wasn't in the cereal cupboard, so I took it and put it away with the other cereals.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

At least you weren't making pasta.
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:(quite a common occurrence in my dreams, where I make things change by demanding that they do because I'm in charge)
I think there's definitely something deeper in this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

thatonemom wrote:Last night I dreamed that I was giving out unsolicited personalized book recommendations on the bb. As you do...
As I do all the time.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I had a dream that my friend came over to borrow my Murphy Brown DVDs, but I didn't have any, so she got mad and left.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Portia wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:(quite a common occurrence in my dreams, where I make things change by demanding that they do because I'm in charge)
I think there's definitely something deeper in this.
Oh I'm pretty dang sure there is. Just not sure what. I can do anything in these kinds of dreams - fly, rewind time, make people like me, turn invisible, put up barriers, and more, and it's almost always due to me specifically saying (sometimes aloud) that I can do these things. "You can't see me," so they don't.

Also of interest is that I'm usually using these magic powers to escape.

ETA: Mardoc reminds me that we've had conversations about my dreams and the meaning of the magic. I just... don't quite remember what we talked about? I know the dreams are triggered by stress, so I guess it's about solving my (seemingly insurmountable) problems.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I finally had my first flying dream the other day! In order to fly I had to hold two special flying sticks, on in each hand. I had to point the sticks in the opposite direction of where I wanted to go and things. When I tried holding both sticks in one hand I fell back to the ground.

Last night I dreamed I was the 12th Doctor, and went on epic adventures. I'm pretty sure I almost got eaten by a giant, almost killed by the Mafia, and I stole clothes from a hotel. My TARDIS was an absolute pigsty, so I couldn't find the main console, so I was stuck in that time and dimension. I think the dream ended with me trying to clean the TARDIS. I was sorting things into piles. One was marked "Legos", another was marked "my stuff", and the third (and by FAR the biggest pile) was marked "stuff I may have accidentally stolen".
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Random wrote: Last night I dreamed I was the 12th Doctor, and went on epic adventures. I'm pretty sure I almost got eaten by a giant, almost killed by the Mafia, and I stole clothes from a hotel. My TARDIS was an absolute pigsty, so I couldn't find the main console, so I was stuck in that time and dimension. I think the dream ended with me trying to clean the TARDIS. I was sorting things into piles. One was marked "Legos", another was marked "my stuff", and the third (and by FAR the biggest pile) was marked "stuff I may have accidentally stolen".
That is one of the best dreams ever. And the best pile of stuff.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I dreamed that my brother ran away from home (sort of) because he was severely traumatized by a story he had to cover.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I had one of those teeth-falling-out dreams, except that I took the tooth out myself for some reason. :\

Two nights ago I dreamt that my cousin came home from her mission early without telling anyone and hung out with me for a little bit, but then decided she should go back. In real life she already finished her mission with no problems whatsoever.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

My boyfriend had a dream last night that I forged him a passport and then we had some awesome adventure in China. Cute and kind of flattering.
In my dream last night, I was a lesbian. Less flattering.

But in real life I'm straight and I like him, so hopefully that will suffice.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I don't normally take naps, but I did today and I dreamt that Elder Bednar had long blond hair while giving a talk and I had to sing with the choir while wearing a weird felt shawl thing. And I didn't know the song so I had to sightread and ended up being the only one singing, as everyone else started arguing. And there was something about me taking a little lost boy to the bathroom and being unable to find one in time.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I dreamed that I went to go check the mail at work and accidentally went shopping at the mall for a couple hours. My boss was SO MAD when I got back (and I couldn't really blame him). He said that he wanted to fire me but in the meantime I had to work downstairs so he didn't have to be around me. I kind of thought that was less productive than otherwise.
wryness

Post by wryness »

I have a dream interpretation request: I have very occasionally had dreams where I need to use the bathroom, but the only place I can find to do my business is in full public view. (Like a toilet in a low-walled cubicle where people pass by, a bathroom stall with no door, etc.) Gross and embarrassing, and when I wake up, it's one of those "Why did I even for a moment think that these events were logical and made sense?" kind of moments. What the heck does that kind of a dream mean? I'm interested in hearing your guesses.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I always thought those kinds of dreams were your subconscious' way of trying to wake you up. Like in your dream you kind of realize something is wrong and maybe that dissonance will help you wake up so you can go use the restroom.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

whenever I have peeing dreams I wake up feeling like I really need to go to the bathroom. Maybe having the toilet be in public is a good way to get you not to actually use the bathroom?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

wryness wrote:I have a dream interpretation request: I have very occasionally had dreams where I need to use the bathroom, but the only place I can find to do my business is in full public view. (Like a toilet in a low-walled cubicle where people pass by, a bathroom stall with no door, etc.) Gross and embarrassing, and when I wake up, it's one of those "Why did I even for a moment think that these events were logical and made sense?" kind of moments. What the heck does that kind of a dream mean? I'm interested in hearing your guesses.
I have those dreams all the time and, yes, it's always because I need to wake up and go to the bathroom in real life.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Maybe it's a variant on the naked-in-public dreams, which are generally about feeling insecure and/or unprepared.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I dreamed I was taking the History of Creativity class at BYU. I really hated it in the dream, but I was also like... a TA or something? Then I was leaving and I found a room full of people doing knitting yoga. This is something I made up in my dream, apparently. They would do yoga things with knitting names for the poses and the instructor was knitting while telling everyone what to do. All of a sudden everyone started singing "As Sisters In Zion," and I couldn't remember if I was in Colorado or BYU. It was like... a happy nightmare. There were some other weird things, too, like a person trying to convince me that we had to evacuate Utah because there was a hurricane in the gulf coast.