I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Emiliana »

We've been watching a lot of Angel (the spinoff of Buffy the Vampire Slayer) lately, so last night I dreamed about people karate-chopping each other in midair and that kind of stuff.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I woke up this morning intending to go for a run, and then decided not to and went back to sleep where I proceeded to dream that it was snowing...which is why I didn't go for a run.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Well, when it is snowing you shouldn't go for a run, so at least that makes sense. :P
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

mic0 wrote:They would do yoga things with knitting names for the poses and the instructor was knitting while telling everyone what to do.
I would totally do knitting yoga.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Last night while Marx was playing Civ "with the Mormons" (as he says), I fell asleep on the couch. In my sleep, I told him, "Oh, thanks, hon!" "Um.... For what?" "Oh ... in my dream you brought me food." Then apparently he offered me a cheeseburger just to make me laugh (cause I'm a vegetarian), but sadly, I was already asleep again.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

How many of the players count themselves as Ex-Mo's, though? Just wondering.

Also, he seems like a really chill guy. I like him.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Just me, I thought? And Mr. Mico was never a Mormon.

That's cute, sleeptalking is hilarious.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Yeah, he knows y'all aren't all Mormon, but it amuses him.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

A couple of nights ago I literally woke up screaming because I dreamed that my sister was eating my dog.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Last night I dreamed that my dad was a military commander and something majorly important politically was going on, and he ended up on the other side of things than the rest of the family. So my mom and nanny person who was very close to us and my sister with her baby gathered with me at our family's manor house. There was also this attractive man who was the son of some other politically important person. And we were just waiting for someone to come help us escape from the country, but my dad had been sent to take us into custody or kill us. Oh, and my dad was basically Harrison Ford.

So we're waiting, my sister's baby is crying. She's crying. I don't know where her husband/boyfriend was. (She's not really married, so I'm not sure if she was in the dream) The army gets there before our helper, and they surround everything. A few soldiers who were loyal to us snuck into the house to tell us what they had set up as the perimeter guard so that we could try to sneak out. We all started to run as my dad arrived. He stopped the men shooting us so long as we didn't move, so we didn't get away.

He then told every soldier to put down their gun and he said he could pretend he didn't arrive in time so long as he brought someone in. So my mom and the nanny chose to stay behind. I ran, and so did the attractive man. He was ashamed that the women were staying behind, but they wouldn't run even if he stayed so he ran with me. I don't know what my sister chose.

It was a very intense dream. I'm desperately curious if it means anything.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

how did you feel during the dream?
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I dreamt that the Board changed so that readers had their own profiles and you could see who liked what and the comments were a free-for-all. Unfortunately, the changes happened before I knew what was going on so my real name ended up being there for all the world to see and I couldn't figure out how to change it.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

There were many, many kittens in my dream. As in one cat popped out three litters within a day. So much cute.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I had a melatonin-induced full on horror movie style nightmare about this lady who kept people in her basement and slowly sucked out all of their life force, and then they all tried to escape but she just killed them all. So after I woke up, I decided to go back to sleep and try again, and I dreamed about buying dolls.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

The first one sounds like a mediocre episode of Doctor Who.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Must have been a full moon or something last night because I had a weird dream, too.

I was in my room and there was a stuffed animal-type frog thing trying to attack me. But it was actually a chupacabra. At least, that's what I kept telling my sister. She was right by me while this stuffed chupacabra kept trying to attack. But she was all "you're on your own."

My husband woke me up and then I was afraid I'd end up dreaming about the same thing if I fell back asleep. Not that that's ever happened.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Full moon is tomorrow so the weird dreams are just going to get weirder.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

A couple of nights ago I shook Marx's arm in the middle of the night to wake him up ... Then said, "Oh ... I thought you were one of my students ... go back to sleep."
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Last night I dreamed that I went to Antarctica for the winter, but that in the spring it got really mild.

But I went out without sunscreen and got very burned.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I discovered that the moon was intelligent, evil, and made of popcorn.

--Jasper Fforde