I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I had a dream a couple of days ago that my dad was in a truck race (like 4 wheeling and big piles of dirt and jumps) and that he came in second place.

Ironically, just a few days earlier, he had taken his truck four wheeling (although I'm not sure about jumps.)
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Epic dream last night. There was a bunch of time-travel and a girl telling her past self what to do and figures out how to fool her perceptions to win out and there's a man in love with her but not trusted so he ended up switching places with this android and there's this evil guy who talks through a toy airplane who is gathering a bunch of hidden cards that will give him more power and there's a show that was supposed to focus on a girl group but it becomes a setting for other guys and on the show a secret passage is accidentally discovered so the original girl is no longer safe and the evil guy comes after her and it turns out to be a time-travel version of one of the guys and the supposed android accidentally finds the last hidden card floating in space if you look at it just right and the evil guy becomes all powerful and everyone tries and fails to beat him and the switch of the android and the boy is finally discovered and it is realized how much he loved her and there's more fighting with the evil guy and nothing hurts him except the edge of a bookmark with something inspiring written on it and they are able to defeat the bad guy with positivity and they avoid time traveling to the times with the evil guy ever again.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Giovanni Schwartz

I think you've been watching too much Doctor Who.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I dreamt that two helicopters crashed into each other and then they crashed onto a house in my neighborhood. And when we were outside looking at the helicopter crash, another helicopter crashed into our house. But somehow it just knocked all of the stuff off the walls but it didn't destroy the house. And I wasn't scared, just annoyed at having to put everything back on the walls.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I dreamt that I was stuck in a dream where I was constantly performing some kind of temple pageant. We had to change our type (like, Pokemon-type) to keep our audience enraptured.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

This morning I spent some time in my dream trying to come up with a decent metaphor to make the dialogue better.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I dreamed that the teachers for my classes next semester decided to not admit me to their classes, and the reasons that they rejected me were things like "her designs are boring and unoriginal" or "her work is good, but not quite good enough." I spent the rest of the dream sobbing uncontrollably, and I woke up crying. That totally doesn't say anything about me. Not one bit.
Last edited by Random on Tue May 27, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

It certainly says that you're stressed.

I, too, am having anxiety dreams. But the most interesting feature of last night's dream was that I took a nap in the dream and had another dream in that nap.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

awww... I think your duct tape designs are pretty friggin awesome!

I dreamt last night that I was supposed to play the organ in church, but I was trying to get this other dude to do it, since I'm terrible at sightreading. But he actually wasn't that great so I was trying to take his place. Then a real professional organist came in, bringing their own pipe organ. Then the chapel turned into a huge jungle, with a village I lived in, and we were surrounded by a hot river.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Whistler wrote:awww... I think your duct tape designs are pretty friggin awesome!
D'aww... thanks! It was specifically about my theater designs, makeup, costumes, and the like.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I had a dream that was very reminiscent of the Jews hiding during the Holocaust. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:I had a dream that was very reminiscent of the Jews hiding during the Holocaust. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well.
You probably were thinking about the Board question on lying!
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I dreamed that I went to the dentist.
wryness

Post by wryness »

Oh my goodness gracious. Last night I had the three craziest dreams in a row, all related.

1. We are in the Last Times. I think there is a war going on--communication has been disrupted everywhere. Everything is chaotic and some family members and I are going to get on a train at night and go to Missouri and see if the Church leadership has gone there. (We don't know.) But then a train coming from Missouri passes by, full of people who are going to look for Church leaders in Salt Lake City. This is unsettling. Then I see an army train going by with a bunch of kennels on it...but somehow I know that these kennels are intended to hold PEOPLE.

2. I am on a bus and our country has already been overtaken by "the Enemy." We ride past mines and refineries and I see large tented temples set up for some foreign religion. (Vaguely Islamic, but I have no idea why, as I hold no prejudice towards Muslims.) I start to express frustration to the person sitting with me about being occupied, but they shush me, revealing that the woman sitting in front of me is in fact an agent of the enemy state! I am in deep doo-doo.

3. Suddenly the foreign occupiers are Soviet/Communists. Someing really wacko happened here, but now I can't recall what.

This doesn't sound as moody and intense as it was in my head, but it was CRAZY. Also, I do not actually believe that we are in danger of invasion, and I do NOT have a suitcase packed for Missouri. :)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Sunday night I dreamed that I was quitting my job and saying goodbye to everyone and thinking about all the books I would never get to catalog, and then I thought "wait a minute, I don't think I was supposed to be quitting this job for a while," and then I remembered that I was actually just having a job title change of some sort, but apparently I was treating it as though I was completely changing jobs.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

This morning my dream was Hunger Games inspired. The 75th game was taking place in an abandoned town with broken cars, crumbling houses, etc. I was a guy with all the magic powers (lucid dreaming ftw) and wasn't actually part of the games; I had just snuck in to help Katniss and Peeta save a whole bunch of kittens they had been hiding in one of the houses.

Best part is that I have neither read nor seen The Hunger Games.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

In my dream last night a non-LDS friend of mine asked me if the LDS perspective of feeling the Holy Ghost was akin to the way an onion dissolves when made into an onion ring. My dream self felt like I had an epiphany of how the holy ghost works and I ended up having a very long, mostly one-sided, conversation about the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of Christ. It wasn't until I woke up that I realized that onions don't dissolve in onion rings and... I have no idea what epiphany I could possibly have had even if they did. I think it was something about surrendering our will to the Savior through the Holy Ghost? Maybe?
Giovanni Schwartz

Next time you give a talk, please use this as an analogy. I will ship you brownies if you do.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

If I can fit it into whatever topic I'm given next, consider it done. ;)
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

I had a dream that Professor Snape and Ginny Weasley had an Etsy business where they sold crocheted doilies.