Sad Halloween Times

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Yarjka

Re: Sad Halloween Times

Post by Yarjka »

My daughter managed to eat her entire bucket of candy in two days. Today she's going to learn about consequences: no more candy--it's all gone.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:
TheAnswerIs42 wrote:My husband and I were BYU cheerleaders.
My parents, BYU alumni both, once dressed up as U of U cheerleaders.
Why?
Well, they had both been in marching band at BYU, which is kinda like cheerleading, and so to them they were going as scarier versions of themselves. Yes, they are die-hard enough to consider anything that smacks of U of U to be scary.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Well, they had both been in marching band at BYU, which is kinda like cheerleading, and so to them they were going as scarier versions of themselves. Yes, they are die-hard enough to consider anything that smacks of U of U to be scary.
Did they meet in marching band? (I love "how they met" stories.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Katya wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:Well, they had both been in marching band at BYU, which is kinda like cheerleading, and so to them they were going as scarier versions of themselves. Yes, they are die-hard enough to consider anything that smacks of U of U to be scary.
They certainly did! And went to a two-week band training instead of on a honeymoon. And I got to visit Disneyland several times as a baby due to band trips.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Katya wrote:
They certainly did! And went to a two-week band training instead of on a honeymoon. And I got to visit Disneyland several times as a baby due to band trips.
What did they play?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Katya wrote:
And went to a two-week band training instead of on a honeymoon.
Note to Future Mr. Belmont: real honeymoon required.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Katya wrote: What did they play?
My dad played the euphonium, and then was the photographer when he, ah, stopped taking classes. My mother was a flag girl.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Katya wrote: What did they play?
My dad played the euphonium, and then was the photographer when he, ah, stopped taking classes. My mother was a flag girl.
That's awesome. My husband plays euphonium, but was in the trombone section of the marching band when I met him on a band trip. I was a flag girl as well.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Nerd alert! As a choir girl, we always found the band to be irrepressibly dorky.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Portia wrote:we always found the band to be irrepressibly awesome.
Fixed. :P
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Post by Yog in Neverland »

Portia wrote:Nerd alert! As a choir girl, we always found the band to be irrepressibly dorky.
That's okay, we always found the choir to be irrepressibly saccharine.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Yog in Neverland wrote:
Portia wrote:Nerd alert! As a choir girl, we always found the band to be irrepressibly dorky.
That's okay, we always found the choir to be irrepressibly saccharine.
Oh, it is! When you're covering ABBA or ye olde Irish folk tunes, you know you're cheesy! But sexy.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

So.True.

At my school, choir kids were mostly pretty mainstream. But the band kids... They're out there on their own little dorky planet. (Though slightly ahead of drama kids, percussionists, and stage crew.)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:So.True.

At my school, choir kids were mostly pretty mainstream. But the band kids... They're out there on their own little dorky planet. (Though slightly ahead of drama kids, percussionists, and stage crew.)
+1

My school's orchestra was extremely prestigious, and the stereotype of Crazy Asian Tiger Moms HELD TOTALLY TRUE. Please visit my poll in a new thread.