MyFitnessPal

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

MyFitnessPal

Post by Emiliana »

Do any of you happen to use the app MyFitnessPal and want to be friends? I'm trying to lose 15-20 pounds before the wedding (half of the 40 that I've gained in the past two years....) and could use some moral support!
Portia

Re: MyFitnessPal

Post by Portia »

I gained about that much in a similar time frame. I lost it all in a year. I doubt I will in fact use such an app, but just wanted to offer support and say that you will look gorgeous and Marx will think so too!

Are you going to get alterations in case your dress fits your frame differently, or wait til it's closer? (Keep in mind, I come from the land of 6-week engagements: I feel like yours was a summer or fall wedding?)
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Thanks, Portia! The wedding is in June. I bought my dress in November and then proceeded to gain 10 pounds over the holidays, so if I lose 20 from where I am now it should still fit pretty well. I need to get some alterations (taking up the hem, mostly), but I'll probably wait until closer to the date so I can see how the dieting is progressing.

Truthfully, it's not so much a matter of, "oh noes I need to be skinny for my wedding" as it is, "holy crap I can't keep gaining weight like this."
Portia

Post by Portia »

Emiliana wrote:Thanks, Portia! The wedding is in June. I bought my dress in November and then proceeded to gain 10 pounds over the holidays, so if I lose 20 from where I am now it should still fit pretty well. I need to get some alterations (taking up the hem, mostly), but I'll probably wait until closer to the date so I can see how the dieting is progressing.

Truthfully, it's not so much a matter of, "oh noes I need to be skinny for my wedding" as it is, "holy crap I can't keep gaining weight like this."
Good attitude. Formal dress shopping is the worst. If I ever have the need for a wedding gown, I'm getting custom measurements rather than ready-to-wear.