Portia's Treasure Hunt

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Portia's Treasure Hunt

Post by Squirrel »

Portia wrote:My coworker in the library had The Board open on her browser this morning. I was oddly gleeful.
I always have to keep from smiling whenever I pass a female librarian because it could be you, Portia. Not to be a creeper......
Portia

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Portia »

squirrel wrote:
Portia wrote:My coworker in the library had The Board open on her browser this morning. I was oddly gleeful.
I always have to keep from smiling whenever I pass a female librarian because it could be you, Portia. Not to be a creeper......
PM me and you could come say "hi" for real. Or I could make you a scavenger hunt. In all the loads o' free time I have!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Portia wrote:
squirrel wrote:
PM me and you could come say "hi" for real. Or I could make you a scavenger hunt. In all the loads o' free time I have!
As long as you weren't being sarcastic, i'd love to have a library scavenger hunt to find you! Thanks, Portia!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Portia, are you one of the library chat people? I love those guys. I love to ask questions that aren't library related. Do those get annoying? I think it was yesterday that I asked if there were tissues at [undisclosed HBLL info desk], and the librarian said the girl ahead of me had just asked that question, and the librarian told us to use the toilet paper in the bathroom because there weren't any tissues. Was that you?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia wrote:
squirrel wrote:
I like scavenger hunts!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Tally- we should have a scavenger hunt together to find Portia, or have a scavenger hunt race, either one, it sounds fun!
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

YES. If she lets us =P
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

I hope she will. She said a PM would work....
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Does it make me a bad person that I avoid using the washroom in the mornings so I have something to do when I'm bored at work?
Portia

Post by Portia »

squirrel wrote:Tally- we should have a scavenger hunt together to find Portia, or have a scavenger hunt race, either one, it sounds fun!
All right, it's set up. It's probably quite difficult, so message me or ask a librarian for help if you're truly stuck. I've PMed you both the first clue. Good luck! And it's probably best to complete it as soon as is convenient for you, as I can make no guarantees that the clues won't be moved...
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Alright. So is this a race?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:Alright. So is this a race?
You can do it collaboratively or competitively.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

wait.... I haven't even eaten breakfast yet. can you give me a "eat here" pass for the library?
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Tally- I'd like to do it together, but if you're in a competitive mood, that's fine too. I've got until 12:00 free.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Psh. I'm in class. I won't be able to get to the library until at least 1. And even then, I'm going to try to restrain myself until I finish my essay, so I won't get there until 3 or so.

I kind of want to find the first clue on my own, but after that we can probably pair up.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Okay! Whatever you want to do is fine with me :-) we'll find Portia anyway. So you want to do it all competitively.....? Sure! I'm up for the challenge. Do we have to start at the same time, or do we just go for it? It's not really that fair for you to be in class when I start...
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

*shrugs* Just go for it if you want. I'm really up for either way (competition or otherwise)

I think I've already tracked down the book...I just need to get to the library and check.
Portia

Post by Portia »

As the final arbiter of this contest, I say it's no-holds barred. My benevolent presence will be here no matter how long it takes. Good luck!
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Sounds like it's a contest then. :D

What's the estimated completion time?
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Tally M. wrote:I think I've already tracked down the book...I just need to get to the library and check.
oh no! I better get going then!