Can a thin guy fall in love with a fat girl?

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Krisis86

Can a thin guy fall in love with a fat girl?

Post by Krisis86 »

Man, I have seen a BUNCH of questions about this topic lately. It's driving me nuuuts. Mostly because I've been there, and it worked out well for me. And I'm pretty sure that I weigh quite a lot more than any other girl who has written the board to ask this question. I was around 300 lbs when I met my husband for the first time, and in no point during our 6 year marriage (and 1.5 year friend/court ship) have I ever weighed less than 215 lbs. Yeah, that's not ideal or healthy I know. But I just wish I could shake these poor girls and say look! you're not that big! you're fine! And it doesn't matter anyway! Just be healthy and only do it FOR YOU. And if the boys don't like it then they are jerks and go find someone who is not a jerkface!

I wrote a blog post about this a couple of years ago if anyone is interested in reading it: http://memoirsofacheeseburger.wordpress ... fat-girls/

-Kris
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Re: Can a thin guy fall in love with a fat girl?

Post by NerdGirl »

You are so awesome! I'm around 250-260 at the moment and single, and I really appreciate hearing stories like yours.
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Post by Yog in Neverland »

As another anecdotal story, I have a family friend (very beautiful, also overweight) who met her then-future husband on the internet. When she flew from Australia to America to meet this guy she was internet-dating, she first expressed her worry that he wouldn't like her in real life since she was overweight, and he's a scrawny little stick of a dude (cute, but crazy thin).

He responded with something that shocked her--he loved fat girls. She was his dream girl. They soon were married and now have four beautiful children and are brilliantly happy.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Speaking as a man, I will say that weight doesn't have to be an issue. At all. Being physically attractive is important, sure, but there are so many ways to go about it than having a Hollywood figure and the face of Scarlett Johansson.

If a girl takes care of herself (by doing radical stuff like showering and wearing clothes that fit), is generally pleasant to be around, and is smart and funny, she can be perfectly attractive. That sounds like pretty good advice for any body type, come to think of it.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Craig Jessop wrote:having a Hollywood figure....
Yeah. Instead she could just have a Hollywood figure from the '50's.
Deus ab veritas
Portia

Post by Portia »

Marduk wrote:
Craig Jessop wrote:having a Hollywood figure....
Yeah. Instead she could just have a Hollywood figure from the '50's.
Yes, so many women have 17" to 20" wasp waists these days. And wear girdles. Yep.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I was more referring to Marilyn Monroe, who was famously a size 14, a size that is significantly larger than today's Hollywood ideal.
Deus ab veritas
Portia

Post by Portia »

Marduk wrote:I was more referring to Marilyn Monroe, who was famously a size 14, a size that is significantly larger than today's Hollywood ideal.
<rant>115 pounds, size inflation, tiny waist, very petite, probably a 2-8 in today's sizes</rant>