Board applications

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
robotfish

Board applications

Post by robotfish »

There's now a notice before all the daily posts start telling people how to apply. Is there some horrible shortage of writers, or did something else happen?
chillygator
Board Princess

Re: Board applications

Post by chillygator »

Remember when the Board twitter account hyped up something was coming a few months ago? That something was actually killing off all the old writers and bringing in entirely new people all at exactly the same time. Chaos and hilarity (and bitterness, from the dead ones, probably) will ensue! Like a romantic comedy typed out before your eyes.

(Full disclosure: This may not be the truth.)
wryness

Post by wryness »

It's pretty surprising to me, too. I remember stalking the nethermost regions of the board as a wee freshman and making notes about how one might apply, as if I were trying to uncover an archaeological find. Now one of the Board's most closely-kept (ish) secrets is out in plain sight! If I were still a student and I had more time, I would be on this like grease on a slice of pepperoni pizza.
robotfish

Post by robotfish »

wryness wrote:I remember stalking the nethermost regions of the board as a wee freshman and making notes about how one might apply, as if I were trying to uncover an archaeological find.
That's what I've been doing! If the archives weren't so entertaining, I'd probably be sort of disappointed right now.
Talons

Post by Talons »

I remember actually finding the right application question 3 or 4 times and thinking it had nothing of value in it. I usually gave up after 10 minutes of searching the archives, so maybe I wouldn't have made such a good researcher. I finally did find the answer when some clues were given about the date of the question and thinking, "This can't be right, I've read it before and it doesn't have how to apply in it." Needless to say I'm excited to see how many new writers the board will get that are great, but would just never wade through the archives to find the application.