Pranks

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Giovanni Schwartz

Pranks

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

What are your favorite pranks that you've ever seen done/done/had done to you/seen on the internet?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Pranks

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I hate pranks with a fiery burning passion. On a related note, I am incredibly gullible.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I have recently discovered "There's a B on you."
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

When my brother was a teenager, he really wanted stuff from the Gap (and the nearest one was like an hour away, and we were poor, so we didn't shop there much). I bought him a sweater from the Gap for Christmas one year, and I put the Gap bag under the Christmas tree, but I filled it up with a whole bunch of his dirty socks and underwear that I fished out of the laundry basket. And at the very bottom there was a note that said where to find his actual present. He really like the sweater once he found it! :)

Another time, for his birthday, I made him go on a scavenger hunt for his present. The clues were tied up in little bundles of pixie sticks, which was inspired by The Blair Witch Project. It took him like an hour to find his present, but it was a really good present (I don't actually remember what it was, but I remember it was good), and he got a lot of candy along the way. :)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I always post my pranks on chillygator's facebook wall. My favorite is probably the short program that makes the CD tray pop out every x seconds. And if you put it in the startup folder, it does it every time the computer starts.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

I've never tried this one, and I'd feel too guilty if I ever did, but switching someone's stick deodarent with ricotta or cream cheese sounds like a good one.
Talons

Post by Talons »

I'm a fan of the ringing the doorbell and running prank. I love seeing the looks on their faces when they notice the plate of brownies we left them.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

My sister once stole my phone while I was out of the room and texted my aunt, "What should I do about my horrific body odor problem?" A few hours later my aunt (who's kind of like a mom to us) texted back a long response about the ingredients your deodorant should have, what kinds of underwear to get, etc...
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

lol

Talons, that is my kind of prank :-)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

My brother had some fun ones in his college days.

One apartment he snuck in, took all (most?) of their silverware and put it in a shallow, rectangular tupperware with a lid, covered it in water, then put it in their freezer. They immediately blamed him, but he could honestly swear that he did not have their silverware. It took them awhile to figure out that it really was in their own apartment.

Another apartment he would steal one cup/mug every time he went over. Just to see how long it would take them to actually notice that they were running out of cups.

He pranked one girl so much that in an effort to get revenge, she went out on a cold night and covered his car with wet newspapers. He happened to get up early to go to a store, saw his car, decided his errand wasn't urgent, went home and laid down on the couch. A few hours later the girl's roommate, who was a good friend of his, knocked on the door. "Would you please just go out to your car already?! So-and-so has been staring out the window all morning, waiting to see your reaction!" So he told her to go back and tell the roommate that he was really sick. The second she left, he jumped into a very fast (I'm talking seconds here) shower… just enough to get hot and sweaty, bundled up in a blanket on the couch, crumpled up a few tissues on the floor, closed the curtains, and turned on the TV. A few minutes later the girl shows up to see if her roommate was telling the truth and was convinced that she had just pulled a mean prank on a really sick boy. She felt super guilty, so he watched out his window as she meticulously took a bucket of warm water and pulled off each newspaper, one at a time. As soon as she was done, he ran out with his keys, jumped in his car, yelled out his thanks while waving, then drove away, grinning like a fool. She didn't talk to him for weeks.

I've been involved in butter/chapstick under a car door handle. Bedroom doors removed and hidden/decorated. Pretending like I had no clue about any of the pranks pulled on me and made the boy believe that someone was undoing all of his pranks before I got to them. And, of course, there's the whole Dragon Lady story, which was my epic prank.
robotfish

Post by robotfish »

Our stake did girl's camp in a very raccoon-y area. Once, a leader brought a stuffed raccoon with her, and, while everyone was out hiking, put it in a first year's sleeping bag so that the tail was poking out.
We were at the next campsite over and could hear the screams when she discovered it that night. Poor first year...
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

My freshman year my brother and I lived together in the doors. For some reason I brought with me a piece of electronic equiment I had been given. It was Army salvage. We didn't know at the time what the equipment was intended for, but it worked quite well as a radio jammer.

The guys in the room next to ours liked to play the radio loud. Somehow we hit upon the plan to turn on our radio jammer as soon as they opened the door to their dorm room. It was hilarious to overhear them talk about when they radio became all statically, and eventually they learned to associate opening the door with the radio static. We nearly died laughing to hear them argue and try to explain by scientific means why opening the door would cause the radio to emit static.