Favorite of the Week Nov 27-Dec 4

Which 100HB response was your favorite today? A place to create polls and respond.

Favorite of the Week Nov 27-Dec 4

Post-Mortal Progression
No votes
1,000 Foot Tall Cart Wheel
5%
BYU Info Silliness
23%
Serpent Symbol
No votes
What's Creepier than That?
9%
Monkeys and CATS
No votes
Paul McCartney's Memory Almost Full album
No votes
What if the Earth Stopped Spinning?
9%
Board Writers' College Chaos
27%
Can Invisible People Get Sunburned
18%
What to do After Smooching
9%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

Unless I misread that, I really feel sorry for Dragon Lady. She taught both of her half credit classes at exactly the same time.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Oooo. It must have been like Intro to Hebrew Underwater Basket Weaving! I mean, after all, all the students were the same. :)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Is the Hebrew style of basket weaving very different than the usual method?
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Well, yes. The Hebrew style is based post-Joseph in Egypt and pre-Exodus. Thus, the Hebrew style uses freshly cut reeds from the Nile. It specializes in making baskets water-tight enough that you could place a baby in it and place it in a river and not fear that water will enter said basket.

Then, while we weave our baskets, we sing songs like the Hebrew Alphabet song, or I Am a Child of God in Hebrew. We randomly put our baskets aside to play games such as Blood Bath or Hebrew Family Feud.

Really, you only get a half credit of each, so there's not a whole lot I can teach you. (I actually feel bad for the students. They still have to come 5 hours a week to get one credit.) But we will have fun nevertheless. Except when Portia tries to drown me. Hopefully not in the Nile.
Portia

Post by Portia »

C'mon, Dragon Lady, I might have a mental breakdown, but I really don't think I would try to drown anyone.

Thank you, Humble Master, for making me look like a crazed psychopath! :D

(Secretly liking any attention.)
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

So, did I hold my own? I'm anxious to know. :D
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Claudio

Post by Claudio »

So, did I hold my own? I'm anxious to know.
Against the might of HFAC?

No man can withstand.
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

A Mom, but not yours wrote:Unless I misread that, I really feel sorry for Dragon Lady. She taught both of her half credit classes at exactly the same time.
Whoops. One of Dragon Lady's classes was supposed to be on TTH. My bad. But obviously the Hebrew Basket Weaving class is proving possibly more popular than the separate classes.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Humble Master wrote:But obviously the Hebrew Basket Weaving class is proving possibly more popular than the separate classes.
Obviously it is possibly more popular? Wha?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Obviously it is possibly more popular? Wha?
After reading your response I briefly thought that I probably should have said "it obviously would have proved more popular, based on Dragon Lady's description of the combined class." But then I realized I wrote that story, so I stand by what I said.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I much prefer them both at the same time. Then I have total autonomy as to which I teach which day. Really, it's all about control.

Portia... I'm not the one who said you tried to drown me. Blame Humble Master. I'm the victim here.

Post by 727 »

Katya wrote:Jerry Lee Lewis and his 13-year-old bride? (But yeah, that's pretty creepy.)
Don't forget she was his 13-year old COUSIN bride. It was a normal occurence in the South then, but it was scandalized thanks to the British Tabloids.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dragon Lady wrote:I much prefer them both at the same time. Then I have total autonomy as to which I teach which day. Really, it's all about control.

Portia... I'm not the one who said you tried to drown me. Blame Humble Master. I'm the victim here.
No joke, if you're drowned in the Nile. ;)

Oh, I can't really blame Humble Master . . . I deserved it. haha
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

727 wrote:
Katya wrote:Jerry Lee Lewis and his 13-year-old bride? (But yeah, that's pretty creepy.)
Don't forget she was his 13-year old COUSIN bride. It was a normal occurence in the South then, but it was scandalized thanks to the British Tabloids.
Yeah, I was going to add that, but it turns out that they weren't first cousins (as I'd always assumed), but first cousins once removed. Which makes it (marginally) less creepy . . .
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I'd say that being first cousins once removed makes it even creepier. That means that she was his cousin's daughter.