Rant of the Day

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Whistler

Re: Rant of the Day

Post by Whistler »

Yeah, it's disappointing when you know your students are capable of writing well and then don't :-(
Portia

Post by Portia »

Soooooo I'm going to be voting for Madame Secretary but guys, I will miss the Obamas SO MUCH. He's such a great father and husband, too. Although I don't subscribe to any of the more creative conspiracy theories about Clan Clinton, I really do think that Obama is just ... a better person. Morally.

-_-
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

My car got stolen.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tally M. wrote:My car got stolen.
:o
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I'm so sorry, Tally. That is awful.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Tally M. wrote:My car got stolen.
:shock:
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Unbeknownst to me, not only is my car the most stolen in Utah (a 90s Honda Civic), but my complex also often has reports of stolen cars (and the managers don't check security cameras and/or actually have any footage to check).

Bad news besides that: I don't have comprehensive coverage.

Good news: I can borrow my grandma's car for a week while she's out of town.

Thieves suck. Especially while trying to plan a wedding.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:not only is my car the most stolen in Utah (a 90s Honda Civic)
Why?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia wrote:
Why?
According to the police officer, Honda only made about 7 different keys, making it incredibly easy to break into any of them if you've got a set of keys.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:
Portia wrote:
Why?
According to the police officer, Honda only made about 7 different keys, making it incredibly easy to break into any of them if you've got a set of keys.
-_-
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Yeah, if I actually recover my car (which may be possible--kids in my ward mentioned that their stolen cars had often been recovered within a few blocks of the complex), I'm changing the locks ASAP
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Tally M. wrote:Unbeknownst to me, not only is my car the most stolen in Utah (a 90s Honda Civic), but my complex also often has reports of stolen cars (and the managers don't check security cameras and/or actually have any footage to check).

Bad news besides that: I don't have comprehensive coverage.

Good news: I can borrow my grandma's car for a week while she's out of town.

Thieves suck. Especially while trying to plan a wedding.
Grrrrrr!
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Oh, so awhile back, Tally, you asked the Board for crazy wedding stories. Here's mine:

A groomsman's girlfriend called me on the afternoon of the rehearsal and asked, "So.....is there a first aid kit up at the church?" He had stepped on a broken bottle in the parking lot of their hotel and she couldn't get it to stop bleeding with toilet paper. I finally ended up convincing her that we do in fact have hospitals in Texas, and that she should probably take him to one. They missed the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner while he got stitches. He spent most of the next day with his foot propped up right up until it was time for the ceremony.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Emiliana wrote:Oh, so awhile back, Tally, you asked the Board for crazy wedding stories. Here's mine:

A groomsman's girlfriend called me on the afternoon of the rehearsal and asked, "So.....is there a first aid kit up at the church?" He had stepped on a broken bottle in the parking lot of their hotel and she couldn't get it to stop bleeding with toilet paper. I finally ended up convincing her that we do in fact have hospitals in Texas, and that she should probably take him to one. They missed the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner while he got stitches. He spent most of the next day with his foot propped up right up until it was time for the ceremony.
Oh that's awful.

All of my possible wedding stories would mostly include everything that's gone wrong since our engagement: getting mono, needing to get a wisdom tooth out unexpectedly, having month-long depressive episode, dealing with my parents, and now my car getting stolen. I'm almost curious as to what else will go wrong...
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Tally M. wrote:Yeah, if I actually recover my car (which may be possible--kids in my ward mentioned that their stolen cars had often been recovered within a few blocks of the complex), I'm changing the locks ASAP
Actually everyone I know of who's had their car stolen from our illustrious abode has had it recovered. I can only think of one whose car was found after it'd been crashed into a pole. The rest have been fine (though not always recovered before a new car had been bought).
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

C is for wrote:
Tally M. wrote:Yeah, if I actually recover my car (which may be possible--kids in my ward mentioned that their stolen cars had often been recovered within a few blocks of the complex), I'm changing the locks ASAP
Actually everyone I know of who's had their car stolen from our illustrious abode has had it recovered. I can only think of one whose car was found after it'd been crashed into a pole. The rest have been fine (though not always recovered before a new car had been bought).
The good news is that if I buy a new car before this one's found, I've got an uncle who's been wanting to take it off my hands since I bought it.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tally M. wrote:All of my possible wedding stories would mostly include everything that's gone wrong since our engagement: getting mono, needing to get a wisdom tooth out unexpectedly, having month-long depressive episode, dealing with my parents, and now my car getting stolen. I'm almost curious as to what else will go wrong...
What's going on with your parents?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Oh just relationship problems that have technically always existed are now becoming much more obvious with a relationship, depression, and wedding planning being in the way.
Amity

Post by Amity »

If another crazy wedding story would make you feel better: my bishop almost died during my sealing.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Amity wrote:If another crazy wedding story would make you feel better: my bishop almost died during my sealing.
I'm literally speechless.