Rant of the Day

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Digit

Re: Rant of the Day

Post by Digit »

That stinks, bobtheenchantedone. I hate needing/depending on things outside of my locus of control.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I know I keep clogging up the rant page, but arrg! So many things.

Despite hearing from lots and lots of people that the idea I'm trying to fund with Indiegogo is genius and brilliant and awesome etc. etc., it has been up for 24 hours with NO FUNDERS and the only response I've gotten back from anyone I've asked to share it has been "lol nope." Am I just incredibly bad at marketing/pitching?

Also, it would be bad enough if this was just an idea I really wanted to do and needed funding in order to do, but it's also my final project (as stated above) so a failure to raise funds will also mean a failing grade.

I am so anxious about this ahhhhh
I've heard that most people need to be exposed to a product multiple times before they'll purchase it. So even if people see it once and like it, they may have to encounter it more times to reach that "threshold" of support. (Of course, I'm not sure what would be the best way for you to get people to look at it multiple times.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I'm going to be posting it on my social media stuffs at least a couple more times at least (and I did get a backer yesterday after posting again). What I was hoping is that at least two or three of the dozen+ people I've pitched to would have posted it by now, leading to people sharing it themselves, leading to it being seen multiple times.

Does anyone have ideas of who I could pitch to? I'm running out.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Do you know any tumblr bloggers who fit in the groups of people you've designed cards for? Can you reach out to them and have them post it? They frequently have followers who deal with the same issues, and tumblr's clickthrough donation rate is one of the best for social media sites.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I didn't even think of tumblr. I've mostly been doing f-book because that's the one I'm most familiar with.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Cat keeps peeing outside his litter box, sometimes in the same room, sometimes in a different room on the tile. At least it isn't carpet. (After moving out of our apartment we learned he had peed in one spot of the carpet a TON, but we never noticed.) But it is really annoying to clean and I don't understand the problem. People on the internet suggest this sort of behavior may be because of health problems, but my cat hates the vet so much that I really want to try every other solution first.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm catsitting for a friend and their house kind of smells like cat pee... but I don't know how I'd find where she peed (I guess a black light?).
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Oh no. :( You don't think it is just from old pee in the box? If she did it on carpet, then once it dries I don't know how you can tell. If it is on hard floor (tile, laminate, wood), you can tell when you walk into a puddle... Not fun. But then it dries, too, and is just slightly discolored.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm not sure... they've been gone a long time, and a couple was living here and taking care of things, and the couple had to suddenly move... maybe it's always smelled a little like this? D-:
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Yeah, I've never seen a house with more than one cat that didn't smell.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

A woman in my choir keeps referring to the rest of us as "children." At least half of us are older than she is. It's really starting to bug me, especially since she frequently uses it when she's telling one or more of us what to do and she is not someone in charge of the choir.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I am often reminded of the hard-to-change hangups I have as a result of growing up in the LDS church. Yup.
Portia

Post by Portia »

mic0 wrote:I am often reminded of the hard-to-change hangups I have as a result of growing up in the LDS church. Yup.
It was my second time reading A Doll's House and I was like, !!!. Sometimes I wonder if I'm complicit in my own infantilization.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

So, we had to clean up the mechanical engineering project room today. I have been in that room exactly three times this semester. Things that were in it: an entire locker full of empty energy drink cans, a half eaten (cold) fried chicken meal from the grocery store, beef jerky, tools from the tool room, four jackets, two backpacks, three textbooks, two laptop chargers, three sets of headphones, six peanut butter and chocolate easter eggs from April, someone's soup bowl complete with dried soup, half a can of pringles, a torn apart wheelchair from another department, and all sorts of other trash.

None of the above items were in the trash can. This is why we can't have nice things.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm glad my mom's funeral was, atypically a graveside service. Didn't need solemn-faced talks about The Atonement to make a difficult day even worse. It's a somewhat odd tradition, but honestly can't be 1/100 as bad as the Christian funeral for my step-grandfather, where his bipolar son who was decidedly not on his meds went off on blood-covered seagullls in a swimming pool.

So much blood ... @_@ I was like 12
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Portia wrote:I'm glad my mom's funeral was, atypically a graveside service. Didn't need solemn-faced talks about The Atonement to make a difficult day even worse.
I actually kind of like unusual traditions in saying goodbye to family members. In my family, we have the typical mormon funeral, but when we get to the cemetery, we bring a whole bunch of sharpies and we all write messages and letters on the casket. It's unusual, but I like it.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I found out the other day that my ex-boyfriend is going to be at my best friend JoJo's wedding in May. I haven't seen him in nearly five years and I'm not really relishing the prospect. This is all on top of the fact that I had a blowout with JoJo's crazyass mom over facebook over the summer and I'm not really relishing the prospect of seeing HER, either... ugh. I swear, I get along with the vast majority of people in this world! Why are the few I don't all going to be at this wedding?!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

is it a big wedding? Maybe you could just avoid them?
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Unfortunately it's a pretty small wedding and I won't know a whole lot of other people. I'm going to do my best to avoid them, but it's emotionally complicated since I used to have a close relationship with each of them. Also, Southern Christian Politeness (tm) dictates that you must make nice with people you know even when you don't like them. It's silly, but it's also very deeply ingrained in me as THE RIGHT THING TO DO and it's hard to shake.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

My cousin got engaged yesterday and is planning to have the wedding at the beginning of May. Super frustrated because we've only been holding off on engagement for immigration related reasons and were planning to have OUR wedding at the beginning of May, and now we have to figure out a new date. And our lives are very busy next summer so they basically stole the only spot that works well for us. Ahhhh.