freebyu

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

Re: freebyu

Post by Portia »

TheBlackSheep wrote:(he told me that my dead grandfather probably knew all about me, and what did I suppose that made him feel like?)
gross gross gross ecclesiastical abuse >.<
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Under the current system, Student A remains at BYU anyways, just as a closet non-believer who will become an embittered alum. Either way, Student B isn't getting Student A's spot.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

NovemberEast wrote:regarding http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/81233/

In Anne's answer she referenced that in the scriptures "there is a difference between people who lack light and people who decide to leave it."

I can think of plenty of BOM stories that exemplify this but i'm no scriptorian so I'm blanking on any scriptures that say this directly. Are there? If so can you provide the book/verses? Thanks!
This is belated, but Alma 24:30 is the reference I was thinking of. I just came across it in my reading today. The footnotes to that verse will probably get you other references.
NovemberEast

Post by NovemberEast »

This is belated, but Alma 24:30 is the reference I was thinking of. I just came across it in my reading today. The footnotes to that verse will probably get you other references.

THANKS!