27, still care what I look like

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

27, still care what I look like

Post by Portia »

I care much more about my appearance than when I was 21, let alone 13, at least when it comes to style, haircuts, and knowing what suits me. I simply have a different place in society, more disposable income, and relevant to the question, suitors that I am not eager to turn off. I also wonder if there's a culture difference (I'm assuming this woman is LDS), because I would never refer to myself as a "girl" at this stage. Huh.

I don't think that this is a common phenomenon, especially only at 27, in the female population at large (the average age of first marriage), actually.

My roommate is also 27 and doesn't put much stock into her appearance, although she's thin and showers. She's pinching pennies and definitely "spends most her time on her own." She doesn't seem to mind, much. I think if you live a largely solitary existence, you do know what is going to happen, actually.

I am a big proponent of chemistry, but YMMV, obviously. Younger and plainer girls had been married off by dozens...
NovemberEast

Re: 27, still care what I look like

Post by NovemberEast »

I'm older than the question asker, married, and I still care what I look like.

But, I will say that I stress out much less about being in public without full makeup and my hair done than I did when I was in college.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

And, for the other side of the coin, I'm 24, married, and care very little about what I look like and always have. Though I probably care even less now. (Like, I shower and wear clean clothes, but beyond that? Nah.) Living in Boulder where so many women didn't even shave their legs, let alone wear makeup all the time, was awesome.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I sort of care what I look like? But I have a pretty low standard for myself.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I'm starting to care a lot more what I look like, due to more income, more self-esteem, and a newly-discovered love for lipstick.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I care what I look like in the sense that I do a full face of makeup because otherwise everyone thinks I'm 14 despite my DDD chest? But there's not really vanity to it and I'll totally go out unshowered and un-makeuped.

I'm not old enough to weigh on this anyways, I guess.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Zedability wrote:despite my DDD chest?
This will sound creepy, so bear in mind, everyone, Zed is totally my IRL friend too.

*cough*

I would not have guessed that. You must have a small ribcage, at least compared to me.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

32 band size, so the equivalent in a 36 would just be 36D.

Plus I dress to minimize it.

Now everyone knows my bra size.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

OMG Zed, we are boob twins!!!!! Boob sisterhood!

PS People sometimes mistake me for a teen still, too, but I think putting makeup just makes it look like I am a teen who wears makeup? :P Glasses helps a little.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

29. definitely care what i look like, but i'll go out without makeup regularly since i didn't wear it growing up. like bob i've discovered a new passion for lipsticks, and they look weird without some sort of foundation on. (bob, have you tried Too Faced's Melted line? SO AWESOME)
beautiful, dirty, rich
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I'm 27 and don't care much, but I've never cared all that much. *shrug*
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Imogen wrote:(bob, have you tried Too Faced's Melted line? SO AWESOME)
I haven't! I've mostly used Ulta's store brand. I'll pick up more expensive stuff as I can find samples/sales.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Imogen wrote:(bob, have you tried Too Faced's Melted line? SO AWESOME)
I haven't! I've mostly used Ulta's store brand. I'll pick up more expensive stuff as I can find samples/sales.
NYX is also cheap but AWESOME, especially the Butter line.. Super pigmented, but very cheap.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Portia

Post by Portia »

Bleh, my pale, freckled complexion hates foundation. Love coral lipstick, though.