#91428 Modesty

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: #91428 Modesty

Post by Emiliana »

If we are really just a group of morally degenerate bullies, then just leave already. I have not taken the time and emotional energy to respond to your accusations because I do not owe you anything and I am clearly not going to change you anyway so there is no point. If someone else would like to explain to vorpal that there is a difference the expectations for dress in different circumstances and activities and cultural contexts, go for it, but I am done here. Fuck you now and forever more.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

But please, nobody do it. We've been doing it for YEARS and it never works and it will just make him feel like there's some reason for him to be here.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

TheBlackSheep wrote:But please, nobody do it. We've been doing it for YEARS and it never works and it will just make him feel like there's some reason for him to be here.
On second thought, this. ^
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Emiliana wrote:If we are really just a group of morally degenerate bullies, then just leave already. I have not taken the time and emotional energy to respond to your accusations because I do not owe you anything and I am clearly not going to change you anyway so there is no point. If someone else would like to explain to vorpal that there is a difference the expectations for dress in different circumstances and activities and cultural contexts, go for it, but I am done here. Fuck you now and forever more.
At last, some effort to refute my thesis. I agree with you that different circumstances and activities and cultural contexts can make a difference. But that kind of thinking also causes people to rationalize their behavior. Is it really okay because you are exercising in public, but not okay if you are shopping? What makes one okay, and not the other? Is it what you have become accustomed to thinking? But what about the effect you are having on others who do not think as you do? Aren’t you one who said she believed that we don’t get to determine how people react to what we do or say? It is your fault if you don’t consider the effect it has on others, even though in your mind the circumstance, activities, or cultural contexts make it okay. It is an interesting discussion topic. Where do we draw the line?

I’m not sure who decided to use as a banner for this site a quote from Portia that essentially says, “Humor will not be tolerated.” Actually that does seem to be the case here. I’m sorry, I really shouldn’t tease people here so much. It really is fun, though.

And finally, I respectfully decline your offer, for now and forever more.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

TheBlackSheep wrote:But please, nobody do it. We've been doing it for YEARS and it never works and it will just make him feel like there's some reason for him to be here.
I don’t recall you ever trying to use reason, logic, or facts. But then, I am getting forgetful.

Well, I could always use your reason to be here: “I’m using conversing with [her] as practice for dealing with similar people in my life.”
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Vorpal blade has been banned from this site.

I have not (yet) taken the extra measure of banning the IP address, but I will if my hand is forced. As always, I'll remind folks that this site is entirely open, accepts new users, and can be read even without an account.

I don't ban lightly here -- in fact, typically my policy is no banning at all, and simply letting people respond as adults -- but this has clearly been a persistent problem, of which the most recent actions are simply a continuation of the problem.

I'm sorry for anyone hurt by his comments. (On a separate note, so glad to see so many members actually participating here!)
Deus ab veritas
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Thank you, Marduk.