How I met the 100 Hour Board

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

You can blame my entrance to the board on my brother Craig, like just about everything else I do that is wasteful of my time (mostly just the board and Facebook, but hey, give credit where it's due, right?) :D
Portia

Post by Portia »

Mr. Giovanni--

You just compared The Board and Facebook??! You will not a conspicuous lack of "Top Friends" and "Dumb, Ever-Changing Status Messages" and "Cancel Relationship" on the Board, thank you.

And enlightenment and entertainment=not waste of time, unless you spend hours and hours a day.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Don't forget entirely clever fake relationships, dear. I do not take credit for those (but I will take credit for making him get Facebook).
Giovanni Schwartz

Portia wrote:
And enlightenment and entertainment=not waste of time, unless you spend hours and hours a day.
I plead the fifth. :)

I was only comparing them because I spend WAAAAYYY too much time on both of them; I was not saying they were similar besides that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Mine's a really boring story. When applying for BYU in October, I would constantly get distracted and google random sayings. Somehow I found my way to the board. I've been hooked ever since (which really isn't that long). The Board is now my homepage on the internet on my phone. What's funny is that now I've even got nonmember friends at school reading it.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Oh, I never put down mine either.

You see, I frequently stop and talk with a friend, 727, who mentioned it back in fall semester of 07. I didn't think much of it immediately, but found it entertaining. It became a thing to comment on and laugh about. He even posted a few questions in my name (he literally used my full name as a moniker nym thing to post a question, you think he'd have more sense at anonymity) and one or two as an inside joke between us. Well eventually he got me hooked and I registered mid December, have been pestering writers with all sorts of questions since. (Or so I hear)
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.

Post by 727 »

Hahahahaha, Geoffrey you are rad. Bless the West Desk
Could you please walk back through the detectors again and empty out your backpack?
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I think some day when I'm bored I'll walk past the west desk in the library and stare meaningfully and knowingly at the security guard. That should be fun.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Hey, if you see a guy with said library guard, laughing hard, near to tears, that is me.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I'm beginning to think I need to spend more time in the library...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I'm beginning to think I need to spend more time in the library...
Well I haven't been there during the summer, and said library guard is having too much fun playing bumper cars with Alaskan buses...

Although, I do have some... interesting... videos to show about a certain someone turning purple....
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

I heard of it long ago, then last summer a friend was talking about how great it was on facebook and posted the link. I had some spare time on my hands, so I looked through it and fell over laughing.
Giovanni Schwartz

I love this place.
Giovanni Schwartz

Werf_Must wrote:I heard of it long ago, then last summer a friend was talking about how great it was on facebook and posted the link. I had some spare time on my hands, so I looked through it and fell over laughing.
You know, Werf? We could possibly know each other. I just realized this. Highly unlikely, but still... Wouldn't that be funny? Because I facebook about the board sometimes, etc... Anyways. [/ramble]
Naazju

Post by Naazju »

Let's just start out by saying that I'm a highly obsessive person. And my roommates dared me to *not* get hooked to the Board.

End of story. :)
D'artagnan

Post by D'artagnan »

Naazju wrote:Let's just start out by saying that I'm a highly obsessive person. And my roommates dared me to *not* get hooked to the Board.

Pleasure to meet you naazju.

I am myself a person, newly joined in this board as well. Thought by some to be the repressed or hidden emotions of someone else. And now I feel shackled to that image. Let's hope you fare better.

Also, beware, exposing faults and being cynical means you are someone else in disguise. I wish you well.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Naazju wrote:Let's just start out by saying that I'm a highly obsessive person. And my roommates dared me to *not* get hooked to the Board.

Welcome Naazju! I must say that I was surprised when I saw a post by you here this morning.

And you, obsessive? Nah, I don't believe it. ;)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Naazju

Post by Naazju »

D'artagnan wrote:

Pleasure to meet you naazju.

I am myself a person, newly joined in this board as well. Thought by some to be the repressed or hidden emotions of someone else. And now I feel shackled to that image. Let's hope you fare better.

Also, beware, exposing faults and being cynical means you are someone else in disguise. I wish you well.

I'm fairly sure that no one could accuse me of repressing anything. Also, I'll do my best to not let others think I'm someone I'm not.
Naazju

Post by Naazju »

Fredjikrang wrote:

Welcome Naazju! I must say that I was surprised when I saw a post by you here this morning.

And you, obsessive? Nah, I don't believe it. ;)
I'll pretend that I didn't read that. :)
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Well met Naazju. (I want to say Nazgul, sorry) And if you do get hooked, well just know that when and if you do, you are in glad company.