raspberry cheesecake (#43249)

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Cheesecake?

Yes, please!
75%
Meh.
20%
Bleh.
5%

Total votes: 20

ahem.
Cute Shoes

raspberry cheesecake (#43249)

Post by ahem. »

What is the recipe for BYU catering's raspberry cheesecake?
Although it is true that recipes are not free for anyone, I don't feel at all guilty telling you that BYU Catering often serves frozen cheesecakes that they just buy from some company (which I could find out the name of if anyone is really interested). Also there are a few different types of raspberry cheesecake that they serve: the EFY-style which are smaller and are definitely of the frozen variety, and then the standard banquet-style which are bigger with a thicker crust. I think these are also usually bought pre-made, although I'm not exactly sure. On occasion I have seen them made from scratch, but that's usually for very small, high-profile banquets.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Oh man, if I had a springform pan I would make a cheesecake RIGHT NOW. But I don't. Instead, I will just have to lust after google image pictures of cheesecake.
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

I know a no-bake cheesecake recipe in which it doesn't call for a spring-form pan, if you're interested. It isn't raspberry (I like it with the cherries it recommends), but it is delicious. :D
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I can also vouch that the amazing mint brownies from the CONE are made from a ginormous bag of mix, much like the box of brownies you get from the store. Except the bag is about 25 lbs. We did make our own frosting though.

The salsa, on the other hand, is made entirely from scratch, since I often saw the huge mess left behind from slicing everything.

On a side note, I have never liked the spring-form version as much as a cheesecake that has a full crust on the bottom in a pie plate. Mmmmm . . .
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

As long as the crust is gluten-free, I'm all for cheesecake.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:I can also vouch that the amazing mint brownies from the CONE are made from a ginormous bag of mix, much like the box of brownies you get from the store. Except the bag is about 25 lbs. We did make our own frosting though.
Oh man, those mint brownies are a-freakin-mazing, mix or not.
So many different types of sparrows!