Facebook

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Facebook

Post by Craig Jessop »

Facebook sucks. A lot. I only have it to really keep in touch with a few people from home and maybe leave messages to a few friends up here, but people just keep adding me. Come on, it's not like I have talked to any of them in the last, oh, year, so why do they think I want to start now? Seriously.

Or then there are the people I don't even know, like a friend's fiancee's older sister. I've met her fiancee all of three times (And thought he was really cool, but still, his sister?). Please. I just feel so bad hitting the reject button, but grr.... I HATE FACEBOOK!!!!
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

See, this is why I don't have a facebook account. Who needs the aggravation! ;)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I wouldn't waste your time feeling bad about hitting the rejection button. If you're not closely affiliated with them anyway, they are unlikely to spend a lot of time worrying about the fact that you never showed up as their Facebook friend. Also, I refuse to feel bad when I turn down applications and such. It's completely your prerogative, Mack! Be bold!
Foreman

Post by Foreman »

Again, anything I could say has already been said even better by Dinosaur Comics:

Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Today's Dinosaur Comic was particularly amazing. I credit you, Foreman, for my new addiction. Thank you.
Foreman

Post by Foreman »

Craig Jessop wrote:Today's Dinosaur Comic was particularly amazing. I credit you, Foreman, for my new addiction. Thank you.
Glad to help. Since you're new, I'll give you a pointer... always hover your mouse over the comic for a funny-as-heck alt text and over the "Comments" link to see what the author has dictated as the response e-mail subject for the day. Often, one or both of them is at least as funny (if not more so) than the comic itself. Enjoy!
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I don't read dinosaur comics because the url is too hard to type. I wonder how I got to be so lazy.
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

http://www.qwantz.com also goes there.. that's not hard to type.

Post by 727 »

http://www.chewbac.ca is pretty easy to remember. That is one of the domain names.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

That comic is amazing!

And I would disagree with Craig, but he wouldn't respond.... Facebook is fun
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Werf_Must wrote:That comic is amazing!

And I would disagree with Craig, but he wouldn't respond.... Facebook is fun
depends on how involved you are with the applications probably.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Who needs applications? I just like the networking it provides. For example, last year for my birthday, I made the party an event and invited all my friends (well, I don't have that many, mostly people I know relatively well). People came who I otherwise may not have contacted, and we all had a lot of fun. And right at this very moment, I am using facebook to plan my night in Utah next week, so that my friends can all get together and I can see them!

For me, Facebook is an amazing tool, much like the internet, and is great for procrastination.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Werf_Must wrote: For me, Facebook is an amazing tool, much like the internet, and is great for procrastination.
Yeah, I still may be in the group titled "I was doing homework and then I logged onto facebook". Yeah, so it is definitely an agent of procrastination.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

wow! we share a group (with 589,011 other members)

Groups are a pretty cool thing, too bad they are getting rid of networks for schools and cities and such
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Werf_Must wrote:wow! we share a group (with 589,011 other members)

Groups are a pretty cool thing, too bad they are getting rid of networks for schools and cities and such

Just a little plug for those who read the goings on in the BYU Network wall.

(Gee, now my anonymity is reduced to 20 people or so.)
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Nah, there are only 10 guys out of the 20, and I am assuming you are a guy (although I could be wrong, and if so, I apologize)

And out of those 10, only 7 have posted anything... and if you didn't bother to post there, then why would you bother to plug?

On the other hand, that board was interesting... silly people who get worked up over Kirby's personal life. Honestly, outside of mormons, no one even knows who he is
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Werf_Must wrote:wow! we share a group (with 589,011 other members)

Just a little plug for those who read the goings on in the BYU Network wall.

(Gee, now my anonymity is reduced to 20 people or so.)
I'm thinking you might belong to a board related group...
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Wow, I've just been caught! I now have to reconsider my membership...
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Sorry, I was actually directing that to Nanti. It's really late, and I can't think so straight.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

I got that, after I made the post :P. Actually, if I were conscious, I think I would have gotten it, so it was my mistake... oh well, I agree that is it getting late.

Either way, although that is an easy way to trace him, being a part of the byu 100 hour board group ties you to the board which could eventually tie your two names together! :O