Favorite March 17-22

Which 100HB response was your favorite today? A place to create polls and respond.

Favorite March 17-22

“Zero. Ghosts are not alive, therefore none of them can ‘live’ anywhere.” BYU Ghosts
4%
More Monkeys Cards
4%
“Gag me with a tiny, golden statue.” Rating Pending’s Opinions on Actors, Again
8%
Rating Pending is Definitely Dating Someone and Apparently Likes Cats
No votes
Helping a Girl Help a Shy Guy to His First Kiss; the Third Installment of Portia’s Story
No votes
Your Question in Chinese, Our Answers in Chinese, Russian, Sign Language, Spanish, French, Computer, Math, etc.
16%
What is Classic Rock? HFAC is Only Too Glad to Tell You
20%
The Things to Put on a Resume if You Don’t Want a Job
12%
Top Ten Lines From Movies
8%
Amazing Tao Has Found the Answer to the Whistle Question
28%
Other (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 25

Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Tao finally answering the whistle question was monumental, yes, but RP's movie answer made me laugh and cheer. Props.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I especially loved his response to 'a pox upon your house.' That, and the quote in the question title, are the main reasons for me choosing that answer.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

"Excellent fondling and groping skills" was so incredibly inappropriate* that it was pretty much guaranteed to get my vote. That, and I could read it one sitting.

Though monkey #23 is pretty funny . . . haha

*in general, not for the answer.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Booo, monkeys! I'm over the playing cards. Funny once, not funny twice.

I voted for the fun with languages one. It was quick to read. Less is definitely more.
- Benvolio
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

Post by 100 Typing Monkeys »

Benvolio wrote:Booo, monkeys! I'm over the playing cards. Funny once, not funny twice.
Boo, Benvolio! We're over the...um...er...You're funny once...oh dear, that's not working either...

Boo, Bevolio!!!!
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Okay, there are 100 of you, and you can't come up with a better comeback than that? I'm afraid I'm losing faith in your "Monkey overlords are good for humans" campaign.
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

ahem. wrote:Okay, there are 100 of you, and you can't come up with a better comeback than that? I'm afraid I'm losing faith in your "Monkey overlords are good for humans" campaign.
Perhaps you did not note that we added three additional exclamation points after our previous attempts at insults were stymied, thus making our comeback thrice as biting.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

100 Typing Monkeys wrote:Perhaps you did not note that we added three additional exclamation points after our previous attempts at insults were stymied, thus making our comeback thrice as biting.
...supposedly.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

The excellent Terry Pratchett somewhere (I believe in the book "Maskerade") defines a mobocracy's IQ as the lowest IQ of a mob member divided by the number of mob members. I'm not saying that 100 typing monkeys are a mob, but it does seem like their intellect is suffering just a touch . . . Pratchett also points out in "Reaper Man" that only deranged minds use four exclamation points at a time. I'm just sayin'.
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

Wisteria wrote:The excellent Terry Pratchett somewhere (I believe in the book "Maskerade") defines a mobocracy's IQ as the lowest IQ of a mob member divided by the number of mob members. I'm not saying that 100 typing monkeys are a mob, but it does seem like their intellect is suffering just a touch . . . Pratchett also points out in "Reaper Man" that only deranged minds use four exclamation points at a time. I'm just sayin'.
It seems to us that the only thing Mr. Pratchett is excellent at is being stupid. SNAP! (we have determined by perusing sundry interweb discussion boards that "snap" is an appropriate exclamation after rendering a particularly powerful rejoinder)
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I prefer "BAM!" or, after an especially excellent comeback, "WABAM!"
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Portia

Post by Portia »

I think there were too many question addressed to the Monkeys that posted yesterday.
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

Portia wrote:I think there were too many question addressed to the Monkeys that posted yesterday.
We quite agree, the questions just kept coming, and some of them were quite time intensive to write. But, what can we do? Readers don't know when four other readers have written us a question, so sometimes we're asked questions in bunches.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Good thing there's 100 of you then. Unless, of course, you combined only have the intelligence and strength of one human -- pretty pathetic, monkeys, pretty pathetic.
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

Craig Jessop wrote:Good thing there's 100 of you then. Unless, of course, you combined only have the intelligence and strength of one human -- pretty pathetic, monkeys, pretty pathetic.
Whoa, Mr. Jessop, we're not entirely certain we like the aspersions you are casting upon us. Rest assured that each of us is possessed of the wisdom of Solomon and the endurance of Atlas. But with such abilities come more rigorous standards. The need to meticulously draft our answers to the high standards all 100 of us maintain should not be deemed as evidence that we are equal to humans. If we slumped to human standards undoubtedly we could handle the entirety of the Board inbox.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

"Oh, the Yellow Rose of Monkeys, that I'm a-goin' a see..."

Yeah, for some reason that's what popped into my head. I should quit getting on the message board during English class.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

100 Typing Monkeys wrote:Rest assured that each of us is possessed of the wisdom of Solomon
Except for #27, the glue sniffer.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I just realized that we have very few questions for tomorrow's poll. I should go back and look for some more.
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

Dead Cat wrote:
100 Typing Monkeys wrote:Rest assured that each of us is possessed of the wisdom of Solomon
Except for #27, the glue sniffer.
This is true. And in the interest of full disclosure, #23 is not overflowing with wisdom juice either. But the rest of us carry their load just fine. 98 monkeys with the wisdom of Solomon is nothing to raise your olfactory organ at.