New York City

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.

When New York City takes over the world, where will you be?

I am a New Yorker/I have lived for a significant amount of time in New York. I'll be killing infidels.
17%
I will surrender to the inevitable rise of New York City
17%
I will die in useless resistance as my last act of heroism
67%

Total votes: 24

Hobbes

New York City

Post by Hobbes »

Our influence over all of you continues to grow.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Bleah. I refuse to vote. I was born in New York but I still think that's nonsense. New York's influence is either on a plateau or on the decline, depending on how you look at it. It faces a rise of American cities (L.A., Miami, Chicago), the ever-present European cultural/economic/fashion centers (London, Paris, Madrid, Rome) and the ascendant South- and Central-Asian cities (Seoul, Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lampur, Singapore, Mumbai, Delhi, et al.). New York is cool, but it's not the Mecca it used to be.
- Benvolio
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

"...the best thing about New York City is you and me."

I really doubt that New York could take over even the country, even the East Coast, much less the entire world. Good luck with that.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

holla.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Seems more people would rather resist...

But I do have a semi-perfect plan of attack: First is to increase their pride, plug everything about how great New York is, move Hollywood there, move the mafia there, and move congress there. Disconnect the New York Temple from the island, and deport all members of the church. Send people in for a few years trying to get New Yorkers to repent. When that doesn't work, wait for D&C 84:114 to take effect.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

What are you talking about? That makes no sense. I happen to like New York!
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Craig Jessop wrote:What are you talking about? That makes no sense. I happen to like New York!
Not much no. But hey, I like New York too, but hey, those choosing to "uselessly resist" need a plan too right?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

hobbes, you're in nyc? or you just love nyc?
beautiful, dirty, rich
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I served there. Recently met up with another human who served there, and it put me in something of a mood.

Die, infidels.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Hobbes wrote:I served there. Recently met up with another human who served there, and it put me in something of a mood.

Die, infidels.
Wait... you're insisting you're human? The tiger is human? What does that make us? And, do you mean there are non-humans out in the mission field?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Hobbes wrote:I served there. Recently met up with another human who served there, and it put me in something of a mood.

Die, infidels.
Wait... you're insisting you're human? The tiger is human? What does that make us? And, do you mean there are non-humans out in the mission field?
Who says he is insisting? It could all be trick so we doubt his true nature, effectively lowering our guard. Of course, with Hobbes leading the NYC front for global domination, I rescind my plans and bow down to his his iron, but merciful, will.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

New York City is dirty, grimy, and unfriendly. Upstate New York is a beautiful place. Too bad it often gets overshadowed by the large city that shares its name.
Tao

Post by Tao »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:

Die, infidels.
Nah, I think he's just stating that he has met yet another human that served there, along with all the ones he has met in the past.

As for the whole NYC/New York Country idea... ostensibly it's possible, but I think it'll never happen. What do you suppose will occur when the city limits hit North Dakota? Hard to overcome a semi-nonexistent state. And beyond that, Montana. or Wyoming for that matter, no amount of urbanization will ever make those states into NYC. And for the final coup de grâce to your coup d'état: Texas. Show me your plans for overcoming these obstacles, товарищ Hobbes, and I will freely join your cause.
Portia

how New Yorkers see the rest of the world

Post by Portia »

habiba

Post by habiba »

That had better not be the real Craig....

That picture is so accurate it hurts. Love it.[/quote]
allahu akbar
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Nice picture. Apparently Jersey separates the rest of the world from New York?
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

That's more or less the case.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Nice picture. Apparently Jersey separates the rest of the world from New York?
Which could very well be why so many New Yorker's never leave the city. If Jersey is the closest thing to New York and we all know what Jersey people are like, how much worse must the rest of the world be?