name perception website

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

name perception website

Post by Portia »

I once came across a website that listed people's perceptions of different names (you could vote on them), likely nicknames (flattering and not), etc. I have searched repeatedly, but have been unable to find it. It might have had a black background . . . ?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or can find it easily?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Re: name perception website

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Portia wrote:I once came across a website that listed people's perceptions of different names (you could vote on them), likely nicknames (flattering and not), etc. I have searched repeatedly, but have been unable to find it. It might have had a black background . . . ?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or can find it easily?
It isn't a black background, but it might sorta be what you are looking for. About Name, but it doesn't have nick names though.

This page allows voting on nicknames. Here is another generator. There is also a mafia nickname generator as well.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Portia

Post by Portia »

It was VERY similar to the first one you posted, but not quite it, Nanti.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

I tried to no avail... but I did find a rather fun site where you describe your traits and it tells you what name would best fit you

http://baby-names.familyeducation.com/renamer
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

My favortie name for me? I was going to say Dakarri, but then I decided I like Charlemagne.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Beatrix, Candide, Felicity, Elektra, Mah Chow, Xavière . . .

I think I like Xavière.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

I think a cute boy name would be Zeke... I am not sure if that would be the nick-name (like name them Ezekiel or Zacharias) or just make Zeke the actual name, but either way it would be amazing.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

http://www.babynamefacts.com/ I can't find a list of perceptions on this site, but it does have a lot of other fun stuff related to names. This is my favorite name website.

http://www.babynameaddicts.com/ This is most likely what you are looking for. It allows you to vote on several options on all the names. I don't agree with their definitions, but it is a fun website. I personally feel that names are like any other word and the meanings can change over time, whereas this website is insistent that the oldest meaning is the only correct meaning.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Nope. Again, very close, but the place for you to vote was more open-ended.

And I'm pretty sure about the black backgorund/light text bit.