Letter from Craig!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Letter from Craig!

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

"I had to teach in front of 3 Seventies yesterday, including Walter F. Gonzalez of the Presidency. Stephen B. Allen, Director of the Missionary Department was there too. When they walked in I almost wet my pants, but Elder Barney had no clue who they were. I guess ignorance is bliss.

I didn't have to play for Apostles -- 10 of the 12 were at the MTC at the time, but we were being kept prisoners so that we couldn't go shake their hands. We got to watch the Tabernacle Choir broadcast, though. The entire First Presidency was here, too.

President Monson is rumored to be speaking tonight, but I'll believe it when I see it. The source of this rumor is a bit more credible, however -- [our mission president]

[My companion] was sick and I gave him Nyquil. He was upset and called me selfish when I wouldn't give him another dose two hours after his first -- I told him he'd wake up hungover and screwed up, but he didn't belive me. Other than this we've been getting along wonderfully.

I lost my scriptures, which is a bummer. I spent 2 hours looking for them last night but didn't find them. This made me VERY upset because I've marked them up good and stuck some sentimental items inside, including my Patriarchal Blessing and other, assorted, personal items and papers. I'm very distressed over this and hope they show up soon.

I almost got attacked by Church security because I entered a building we're not allowed to go in -- it's just I was allowed to go in at the time. Apparently Elders Perry, Nelson, Oaks, Ballard, Holland, and Cook were just around the corner from me and they were really antsy about it. I didn't see them, however..."

As a little background, Sunday was "Mission President Sunday," and Craig got picked as the special musical number. HE was freaking out because he thought he was going to have to play in front of 2? 4? 10? 12? apostles.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Those missionaries who are there in June are always the lucky ones.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

I went to the MTC 3 years ago Sunday (o: I got/had to speak at one of those main devotionals. Very stressful, but also cool. June missionaries are the luckiest (and definitely the best! -- no bias at all) indeed.

Also I wouldn't have recognized the 70's either...
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Very very cool!
Giovanni Schwartz

chillygator wrote:Also I wouldn't have recognized the 70's either...
Craig's a freak... What can I say?
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Not saying he isn't, however if I were going to the MTC in the month of June, and I knew they may be floating around at a higher percentage than normally, I would probably take out their picture chart from the Ensign and study it for a while... Or at least try and get strong face-name associations while watching April confrence
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Werf_Must wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Not saying he isn't, however if I were going to the MTC in the month of June, and I knew they may be floating around at a higher percentage than normally, I would probably take out their picture chart from the Ensign and study it for a while... Or at least try and get strong face-name associations while watching April confrence
Heck yeah! I'd make GA flashcards! Then when I met one, I could ask him to autograph my scriptures.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Darth Fedora wrote:
Werf_Must wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote: Craig's a freak... What can I say?
Heck yeah! I'd make GA flashcards! Then when I met one, I could ask him to autograph my scriptures.
Except they are very specifically not allowed to do that (o: But the flashcard idea sounds appropriately MTC geeky.
Giovanni Schwartz

Craig didn't study those, though.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

So he just pays incredible attention to the Ensign and General Conference?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

Or something... I dunno. I guess he's just really good with faces.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

BTW, he hasn't mentioned the letter I sent him yet has he?
Giovanni Schwartz

No... He's supposed to send me a letter eventually, and apparently it's on its way now, so it might make it... but I'm not sure if the letter says anything about it yet, because I haven't read it yet.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Where is he serving again (once he gets out of the MTC)?
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Werf_Must wrote:Where is he serving again (once he gets out of the MTC)?
New York I think.
Giovanni Schwartz

Yes sir. New York City, Spanish speaking. I got his letter yesterday, by the way. He didn't mention your letter.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Very cool

Did he know any spanish before he left?
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Yes sir. New York City, Spanish speaking. I got his letter yesterday, by the way. He didn't mention your letter.
Any idea what specific area?
Giovanni Schwartz

It's the New York, New York South mission. You can probably find a map on some mission website.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:It's the New York, New York South mission. You can probably find a map on some mission website.
I have a friend in the north... I think. I might have to double check.