VP picks

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

VP picks

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

So what are your thoughts on Biden and Palin? Do you think they will help their candidates in the areas they need help from?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Well, they rhyme. . .
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Fredjikrang wrote:Well, they rhyme. . .
Very True.

I am not sure what to think about Gov. Palin at this moment. I just watched the speech she gave in acceptance of vp nominee, and she seems sincere, and honest. But I am still not sure what to think yet.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

I'd vote for Ah-nold... He will terminate the competition...

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I don't know much about politics. I did watch the Democratic Convention the other night, and it was very interesting. I just need to do some actual research.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote:I'd vote for Ah-nold... He will terminate the competition...

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

dude. Cmon, put the silliness at the end of the topic.

I think I shall now issue a formal apology for having interrupted serious topics with silliness. I am clearly the lesser of two sillies and have seen the error of my ways.

And yes Yellow MM, I need to research more as well.
Last edited by Nanti-SARRMM on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i worry about biden...

palin seems lovely. i like her more than mccain.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Imogen wrote:i worry about biden...

palin seems lovely. i like her more than mccain.
She does seem genuinely honest. When I first heard that she was picked and heard about her limited experience I was wary, but after hearing her talk and looking her up on the Wiki, I think she is a very good choice. So much to hope that McCain gets a heart attack in the first year of presidency to have her take the lead.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Honestly... I don't see the point in voting this year.

As far as I'm concerned, both candidates are concentrated evil. And the VP doesn't really do much unless the President has to leave office early for some reason. (Which shouldn't happen as both appear to be in good health and the Secret Service is as James Bond-esqe as ever...)

Obama wants his unified health care crap which is totally stupid... Just look at Canada... Their health care SUCKS.

and McCain is just a mini-Bush waiting to get into office. I wouldn't be surprised if they adopted him at some point. He's just going to further their agenda.

And it doesn't help when Paris Hilton can come up with a better energy plan than either candidate.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote:Honestly... I don't see the point in voting this year.
What are your thoughts on Bob Barr?
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Bob Barr was on with Colbert... So he gets coolness points for that...

But Obama was too. (He lost his times infinity by voting for FISA...)

I haven't followed politics too much lately though so I'd have to do some research.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

actually, obama doesn't want universal health care for adults, just for children under 18, which is smart because it's not like 12 year olds can get jobs with benefits. and my friend from canada loves their health care system so much that she retained her citizenship when she moved here. it's certainly not perfect, but our system isn't perfect either.

though i think palin seems lovely, i'm still not voting for mccain. i don't need some old white guy all up in my uterus/personal business.
beautiful, dirty, rich
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Imogen wrote: i don't need some old white guy all up in my uterus/personal business.
It's not Uter-YOU... it's Uter-US.

And because Canada's health care is free... You just go to the emergency room... for everything... and they HAVE to serve you in first come first serve...

So you can sit there with your bleeding compound fracture while I get to skip ahead because I have a headache.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Imogen wrote:though i think palin seems lovely, i'm still not voting for mccain. i don't need some old white guy all up in my uterus/personal business.
Surely these are wise bases for choosing a world leader.
- Benvolio
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/34180

just read.

also, this issue is very important to me because i have a uterus. so don't tell me my reasons are unimportant in your snarky tone. kthanks.
beautiful, dirty, rich
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Imogen wrote:http://www.theonion.com/content/node/34180

just read.

also, this issue is very important to me because i have a uterus. so don't tell me my reasons are unimportant in your snarky tone. kthanks.
The Onion is hardly a reliable data source...

That being said... I think the general makes some very valid points. The lady seems off her rocker though.

--------

In all seriousness though Imogen. You are wrong.

The US government can tell you what to do with your body... (well they can tell me anyway... do women have to sign up for the draft?)

They can draft me and tell me to go to Iraq and give my life for my country.

Surely telling you to carry a baby to term is a much lower price to pay.

(but now I'm just being argumentative again...)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

yeah but i'm against the draft, so that is a moot point for me. i don't think they have a right to tell you to go die, and they don't have the right to tell me to stay pregnant, which can be life threatening also.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i just read an article that made an interesting point about Palin: she's more inexperienced than Obama. if McCain dies, she's our president. and since McCain has harped about Obama's experience level, this seems odd.
beautiful, dirty, rich
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Most people don't plan on dying in office. McCain's probably counting on living.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tao

Post by Tao »

As far as I'm concerned, both candidates are concentrated evil.
Sadly, I'd say this view has been too common for the last number of presidential elections. It sure would be nice to experiance a campaign that openly noted a canidate's potential faults and countered with balancing virtues, and let the masses get their info on the opposition from the source. It's a shame to have slander be the campaign and elections won off of "the better of two evils" mentality. On a related note: I usually don't mind political satire, and even the most extremist rants will usually receive at least my polite attention, but that Onion article was rather painful to read. Coming from the Onion, I am somewhat tempted to believe that it is a ploy by an unscrupulous writer attempting to advance a right wing viewpoint by arguing a left wing stance so poorly. I don't know if I am moved to the left from the ostensible message, to the right from it's presentation, or to the left from the fact that I find it a shameful tactic to use. Satire is a subtle tool, I don't feel it was used correctly here.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4