What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

orb360

Post by orb360 »

I don't think keeping someone from being a pilot because they are colorblind is discrimination.

I'm not sure how colorblind your dad is... But if you can't tell the reds from the greens from the whites and yellows... Then you'd just get yourself (and possibly others) killed.

And the reason for the dimension requirements is otherwise you won't properly fit into the cockpit...
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Also, the sitting height measurement is literally a measurement of how tall someone is when they are sitting. So, in order to measure that, you sit down, and then measure how tall you are from what you are sitting on.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Fredjikrang wrote:Also, the sitting height measurement is literally a measurement of how tall someone is when they are sitting. So, in order to measure that, you sit down, and then measure how tall you are from what you are sitting on.
I thought it was tail bone to the crown of your head...
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

That is essentially the same thing. I'm not actually sure if there is an official way they measure sitting height. I suppose we could ask someone in the Air Force to find out.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

I wonder what they would do if you "out grew" the height requirements.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

pretty sure the discrimination thing was a joke, sweetheart
orb360

Post by orb360 »

SWKT Parachuter wrote:pretty sure the discrimination thing was a joke, sweetheart
This is my ant parade

This you raining on it

\\\\\\\\\
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

SWKT Parachuter wrote:pretty sure the discrimination thing was a joke, sweetheart
Hey, you're only supposed to antagonize me, that's our thing!

Edit: In conservation of posts, and keeping things more on topic, I combined posts.

So, I think this website covers all the medical requirements. I have a cousin in the military... he might know more. ( although reviewing the topic, i am not sure what I'd be asking since it is already answered. Maybe?)
Last edited by Nanti-SARRMM on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Hey, you're only supposed to antagonize me, that's our thing!
Topic.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Whoa! Migraines are disqualifying!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

orb360 wrote:Whoa! Migraines are disqualifying!
I'm not surprised. When my mother gets migraines half of things disappear.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
sqrt(-1)

Post by sqrt(-1) »

LOL! Of course migraines are disqualifying, you silly! We don't want someone who can't think protecting our country, right?
woe me
orb360

Post by orb360 »

sqrt(-1) wrote:LOL! Of course migraines are disqualifying, you silly! We don't want someone who can't think protecting our country, right?
Guess that rules out women for one week out of four...
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

orb360 wrote:
sqrt(-1) wrote:LOL! Of course migraines are disqualifying, you silly! We don't want someone who can't think protecting our country, right?
At least you can predict when a woman won't be thinking. You can never tell when a man will decide to do something without consulting his brain first.

So really, more women should be pilots, aye?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
orb360 wrote:
At least you can predict when a woman won't be thinking. You can never tell when a man will decide to do something without consulting his brain first.

So really, more women should be pilots, aye?
Nope... War is a dirty business. Men need to be willing to step up so women don't have to.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote: Nope... War is a dirty business. Men need to be willing to step up so women don't have to.
But women are more ingenious, and can certainly fight dirtier.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Why don't we just switch to robots and dolphins?
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

xkcd *** wrote:Why don't we just switch to robots and dolphins?
Because the dolphins are all hippies, and robots can't hide their agenda to burn the world to nothingness. Though they get points for governmental transparency.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
xkcd *** wrote:Why don't we just switch to robots and dolphins?
Because the dolphins are all hippies, and robots can't hide their agenda to burn the world to nothingness. Though they get points for governmental transparency.
But what nation in their right mind, would/could kill a peaceful little dolphin. They're already being used.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

xkcd *** wrote: But what nation in their right mind, would/could kill a peaceful little dolphin. They're already being used.
Hmmn, I never thought of dolphins like that. Well maybe will become president based off their marine experience. How long are they though, you know, for height requirements?