Random Thread V

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

C is for wrote:I was way off, too! But someone that commented on your blog was right!
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I would like to point out the time and date of the last post in the title bar archives forum: December 31, 1969
Yeah. For some reason when I deleted the post it did that--it's really January 1, 1970 in Greenwich Time. Because we all know that pre-1970 dates don't really exist. (This is where I'd link to the related xkcd comic, but such things are frowned upon with this computer, so I can't.)

It's been like that for, uh, a few months now. Way to notice, everybody!
I noticed previously. I just thought I would point it out. But yeah. TR won. As did one of my IRL friends.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I take my sister Siri with me to BYU when I run up there to say hi to my dad or buy something. We usually park behind the Bookstore in the 15-minute lot, and as such walk past the slope for cars leading to some sort of underground doings. She asked me once what it was for. I, having no idea, said it led to where the tunnel worms lived, and she'd better stay out of there or the tunnel worms would eat her. Since then, she points out that place every single time, and tells me that that is where the tunnel worms live.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

I just ate one of my mother's FANTASTIC homemade rolls, with Nutella on it. Basically, it was almost heaven. (It may have been even closer if I had warmed it up a little first).
Giovanni Schwartz

So... If any of all y'all are looking for a little getaway this weekend:

This choir I'm in, the East Valley Mormon Choral Organization, has our second concert EVER this Friday night. It's in Mesa. I really think it would probably be worth it to come, even from Utah (depending on airfare costs, etc. etc.) If you are looking for such a trip some time soon, consider coming to see me sing this weekend! It really will be worth it, if you can get airfare both ways for less than, say, $150. If you know someone that works for the airline, then you can come for free! And it really will be worth it. Promise.

If you really do think you want to come, go ahead and message me, and I'll give you some more info.

And best of all, you could meet me in real life!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I only have one more day of babysitting! They're really good kids but they're not mine, y'know, and I just...am ready for my on life back.

Thank you, standby flights, for extending my reign as babysitter an extra day.

Ah. Time to play ninja destruction! Hah!

That choir concert sounds tempting. But I dunno, Gio. More on this when I'm not being badgered. :)
Giovanni Schwartz

In case any of you are the snap decision type, it's not too late to come to the concert I told you about! Although tickets are getting pretty dang close to sold out. Hooray!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

You guys!! I just made a $50 sale in my Etsy shop! And this may be a monthly thing!

Tiny bit excited, I am.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Nice, bob! That is so exciting.

Gio, I'm not coming.

I'm too busy watching Sesame Street. Jason Mraz is singing his personal parody of "I'm Yours" -- "Go Outdoors". You may have heard it on the trailer for Sesame Street that plays almost every day. I know I've heard it for months but this is the first time I've actually seen the actual whole song.

Feist sings "1, 2, 3, 4, I just love to count to 4".

James Blunt sings "Oh, Triangle! You're beautiful" or something like that.

Anyway. Rambling. I should've put all of these in separate posts so we can finally get to page 65.

Does anyone remember the self parodies of songs back when they were little? The only one I can think of is "It's Hip to Be a Square". I didn't appreciate all the celebrities that showed up on Sesame Street when I was young.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Don't mind me. I think I'm just going to double-triple-whateverittakes-post for a few. Hopefully the site doesn't go down again.
me wrote:Jason Mraz is singing his personal parody of "I'm Yours" -- "Go Outdoors". You may have heard it on the trailer for Sesame Street that plays almost every day. I know I've heard it for months but this is the first time I've actually seen the actual whole song.

Anyway. Rambling. I should've put all of these in separate posts so we can finally get to page 65.

Does anyone remember the self parodies of songs back when they were little? The only one I can think of is "It's Hip to Be a Square". I didn't appreciate all the celebrities that showed up on Sesame Street when I was young.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

C is for wrote:Don't mind me. I think I'm just going to double-triple-whateverittakes-post for a few. Hopefully the site doesn't go down again.
me wrote:Jason Mraz is singing his personal parody of "I'm Yours" -- "Go Outdoors". You may have heard it on the trailer for Sesame Street that plays almost every day. I know I've heard it for months but this is the first time I've actually seen the actual whole song.

C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Open up your door and be like me, open up your door and then breathe free

I used to love Sesame Street. But it's just too repetitive now -- not that you get barraged with the number 16 over and over in an hour, but that the story that is on today was on last week. How many years of stories do they have now? It would be fun to see baby Chris again instead of him being all grown up. A mom asked that question to the Board a few years ago and they missed the point.

I would've posted a Reader Response to it when I read it, but at the time it was like September 2009 and the question was from 2007. Not really that timely. So I'll bring it up now in order to bring Random Chatter to 65.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

This weekend when I was babysitting I made the kids watch Follow that Bird (when I asked them how they liked it, the 11-year-old said, "I liked it. Surprisingly."). Elmo only showed up at the very end! Just poked his head out a window and didn't have any speaking parts!

How things have changed.

If this post doesn't cut it, I'm going to start talking about the other Sesame Street special we used to watch when we were little.
Giovanni Schwartz

I think you have too much time on your hands, love.
Giovanni Schwartz

Also! All our tickets for the concert are sold out! Hooray!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I let the pizza rolls burn because I was too enthralled with Sesame Street.

Anyway, I want to talk about Big Bird's Beautiful Birthday Bash! Anyone else watch that? How they went Roller Skating and Cookie Monster Ate Everything?? Except the cake? (Sorry, spoiler)

And Oscar the Grouch used to be carried around Sesame Street by the garbage man Bruno?

Man, THOSE WERE THE DAYS YOU GUYS!!

Talking about kids shows like this make me feel like I'm on chemo brain. I promise I'm not.
Giovanni Schwartz

Maybe it's time to make Random part 6?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Maybe it's time to make Random part 6?
We can do that AFTER I GET TO 65. I've committed to this now.
Giovanni Schwartz

Or we could do like "6.1" or something like that. Although I miss "randomness rebooted". That was a good thread.
Giovanni Schwartz

I hope that I Win. Just to spite you.
Giovanni Schwartz

Dadgum it. Why won't it roll over already?