Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 15

BillieJean

Question for everyone

Post by BillieJean »

I am not against trusting, I just find the internet to be a suspicious place. Don't give me that look, I assume that some of you had the same thought. Maybe? Maybe not.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

While there's no way of knowing for sure, being that age makes some of his comments make more sense.
BillieJean

Post by BillieJean »

That is a good point, I haven't been reading here for TOO long, so I hadn't read a lot of those (I search for some of them and saw how many there were). I didn't even know that vorpal was a guy until this who controversy.

Post by 361 »

Think of it this way...

If he is telling the truth and you're nice to him... You may get an introduction to his cute super-smart lawyer daughter

If he is telling the truth and you accuse him of lying... Not only do you look like a jerk, but you probably blew any chance you had with his cute super-smart lawyer daughter

If he's lying... It doesn't matter either way, so why be vindictive? It's just the internet...

So... If you believe him you get a 1/4 (or 25% chance) that you are on the good side of a 62 year old man who can introduce you to his cute super-smart lawyer daughter...

If you don't believe him... Well you have a 100% chance of getting nothing...

25% chance of something is better than 100% chance of nothing, neh?

Have I mentioned the cute super-smart daughter?

(Although this might just be the hormones talking...)
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

BillieJean wrote:I haven't been reading here for TOO long
The same question that you ask of Vorpal could be applied to you as well, if you are really new, or not one of us feigning anonymity ask a question that many had in our minds.

As for me, I don't care one way or another, it could be true, or it could be false. It doesn't affect me (unless I receive a call from a certain lawyer anytime soon) nor does it detract from my insanity.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

My birthday is Jan 2, 1947. Does that make me 61.92? I'm feeling a little too lazy this morning to do the math. Close enough for government work, I say.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I think it is more like 61.94109...
BillieJean

Post by BillieJean »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:I think it is more like 61.94109...
My bad :P
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Well, it is constantly changing, so a slight miscalculation is acceptable, I think. ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Fredjikrang wrote:Well, it is constantly changing, so a slight miscalculation is acceptable, I think. ;D
If you tried to specify it out to 5 decimal places, as Nanti-SARRMM did, then that changes about every five minutes. If the original question had been, "Do you believe Vorpal Blade was born on January 2, 1947?" the answer wouldn't change (or shouldn't). But, when this question was originally asked no one knew the exact birthdate.

It is all rather silly, but fun.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

So... You're not really 62 yet? You're only 61?
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:So... You're not really 62 yet? You're only 61?
That's right. I'm still only 61.
Portia

Post by Portia »

That would be quite an elaborate scheme . . . I see no reason to not believe him.

Has the oft-mentioned "super-smart and -cute lawyer daughter" been informed of her internet pseudo-fame? Maybe she should post a dating application on here or something. :P
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Portia wrote:That would be quite an elaborate scheme . . . I see no reason to not believe him.

Has the oft-mentioned "super-smart and -cute lawyer daughter" been informed of her internet pseudo-fame? Maybe she should post a dating application on here or something. :P
Actually, I haven't told her yet. I'm not sure what she would think of all this.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

vorpal blade wrote:
Portia wrote:That would be quite an elaborate scheme . . . I see no reason to not believe him.

Actually, I haven't told her yet. I'm not sure what she would think of all this.

I have no idea how I would handle that if my dad told me "I met some cool BYU students online that want to date you, when can I set you up?"

"
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Have any of the women writers ever posted a dating application? Would you?
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

It seems as though at least one did, but I can't remember who right now, and I'm too lazy to look it up. ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I know The Cheeky Chickie had one. So did Olympus and The Cleaning Lady had one too. As did Princess Aurora and Krebscout.

Edit: I am just procrastinating here, anything to stop from doing finals and what not. Don't mind me.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

If I ever become a writer, I think it would be fun to have a dating application. But I probably wouldn't do one, as I'd be afraid to actually have to do it. Surely they wouldn't like me...

Then again, I've gone on two dates through the mb here, and they didn't go too badly. ; )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
ice9

Post by ice9 »

vorpal blade wrote:

Have any of the women writers ever posted a dating application? Would you?
I would...