Jan 12-17

Which 100HB response was your favorite today? A place to create polls and respond.

Favorite Jan 12-17

How to Remember
No votes
How to Get Over the Ones that Don't Love You Back
13%
Lil' Master Photos
53%
Eating Bugs
No votes
Sad Times in BYU Sports
No votes
Waldorf's Opinions About Love
13%
Great Gifts
No votes
Social Security Numbers
13%
Other (please specify)
7%

Total votes: 15

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Jan 12-17

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

How can you not love baby photos?

Oh, and on the SSN's, I really don't think they're assigned sequentially. I'm of the generation where most of us got them when we wanted to get a drivers license or permit. My brother and I, on the other hand, got them somewhat younger when we opened savings accounts at a credit union. The two of us got ours at the same time and there is very little similarity in our numbers. On the other hand, my husband got his about six years later than I did and there is only a one digit difference in our numbers. Makes you wonder a bit what the significance (if any) to the digits is.....
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

On the other hand, my youngest two daughters got there SSNs at the same time, and their numbers differ only in the last two numbers. My other children born in the same town have very similar numbers.

BYU professors use to post grades outside of their offices by SSN. It was clear who were the students from Utah as they had similar numbers. I got my SSN while I was living in Virginia, and my SSN was unlike any of the others in my class.
Tao

Post by Tao »

My mother of all people called me out on the SSN question, Turns out that my first hyperlink didn't quite work out as well as I had hoped. If it causes any confusion to any who read this; Questions 18 and 20 address some of the main topics: "The first three digits are assigned by the geographical region in which the person was residing at the time he/she obtained a number. ... The remaining six digits in the number are more or less randomly assigned and were organized to facilitate the early manual bookkeeping operations associated with the creation of Social Security in the 1930s."

And a happy teacher tidbit: There currently are no areas assigned to the 900's, we've come across falsified Social Security Cards that seem perfectly authentic, save the fact that they start with a 900.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Tao

Post by Tao »

I marked Other for Gio's Question #49746. While my first thought upon reading the question mirrored Rating Pending's, Yellow's response hit me as one of the most amusing of all time. Right up there with wet blanket's classic.