G Chrome

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Fredjikrang wrote:And you see why there were complaints about threads going off topic?

I personally don't see what the big deal is with Chrome. It is just another webkit browser, of which there are many.
Yeah, I see your point. I am guilty as charged.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Fredjikrang wrote:And you see why there were complaints about threads going off topic?

I personally don't see what the big deal is with Chrome. It is just another webkit browser, of which there are many.
It's more the fact that

A. It's made by google

B. It uses separate threads for tabs.
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I think that Google is the Wal-Mart of the internet. They do everything, and put little mom & pop places out of business (After a manner.) Like how many people don't use blogger that have a blog? Why does Google need to make a phone something or other? (I think it's called Android? Correct me if I'm wrong). And not only that, they've got to go and make a web browder thingy too. It just makes me sick that Google can do the same things as Wal Mart, after a manner and get away with it.

(And here comes the big debate...)
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I think that Google is the Wal-Mart of the internet. They do everything, and put little mom & pop places out of business (After a manner.) Like how many people don't use blogger that have a blog? Why does Google need to make a phone something or other? (I think it's called Android? Correct me if I'm wrong). And not only that, they've got to go and make a web browder thingy too. It just makes me sick that Google can do the same things as Wal Mart, after a manner and get away with it.

(And here comes the big debate...)
Why not? I mean, it all works, and people are free to use whatever they want, just like people can buy stuff at Wal-Mart, Target, Albertsons, Kroger, or any other place.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

But what happens to all the little people? Where do they go? I know we can use others, but honestly, who uses Yahoo, rather than Google, which is what everybody knows, and is so much more convenient?
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I use Yahoo as my main email, me.com (Apple) for my blog, and Safari and Camino (Apple and Mozilla) for my browsers.

And to be totally honest, there are no "little people" in the habit of producing major products such as these. Besides, think about Google Video, not nearly as widely used as Youtube. Google checkout, not nearly as widely used as Paypal. They don't even have an auction website. The don't make hardware. The only OS they make is for mobile phones.

Sure Google competes in a lot of markets, but they are an innovative company, and they usually do what they do well. Eventually other companies will compete well with them in other markets, but I don't see them as being at all like Walmart. First of all, most of their services are free. Most of them are coded by US citizens.

A better comparison would be GE and Google.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
orb360

Post by orb360 »

I HATE yahoo...

Too much crap all over their front page...

Google is only at the top because they are that good.

Microsoft... same reason. Windows is a good OS despite what anyone says. Especially for games. (OSX and Linux are good too, I'm an equal opportunity user)

Walmart same thing... acceptable quality and cheaper than the rest..
sqrt(-1)

Post by sqrt(-1) »

Fredjikrang wrote:I use Yahoo as my main email, me.com (Apple) for my blog, and Safari and Camino (Apple and Mozilla) for my browsers.

And to be totally honest, there are no "little people" in the habit of producing major products such as these. Besides, think about Google Video, not nearly as widely used as Youtube. Google checkout, not nearly as widely used as Paypal. They don't even have an auction website. The don't make hardware. The only OS they make is for mobile phones.

Sure Google competes in a lot of markets, but they are an innovative company, and they usually do what they do well. Eventually other companies will compete well with them in other markets, but I don't see them as being at all like Walmart. First of all, most of their services are free. Most of them are coded by US citizens.

LOL... Didn't Google buy YouTube? Yep... Here it is: http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/10/09/go ... d-youtube/
woe me
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:But what happens to all the little people? Where do they go? I know we can use others, but honestly, who uses Yahoo, rather than Google, which is what everybody knows, and is so much more convenient?
There are no little people though. Microsoft is just another big company, who forced out netscape, and now firefox, safari and chrome are here too.
And I also use Yahoo, infrequently, but I use it.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

sqrt(-1) wrote:
Fredjikrang wrote:I use Yahoo as my main email, me.com (Apple) for my blog, and Safari and Camino (Apple and Mozilla) for my browsers.

LOL... Didn't Google buy YouTube? Yep... Here it is: http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/10/09/go ... d-youtube/
Okay i, you're being a little ridiculous. For serious.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Good point, Google did buy Youtube. I forgot about that.

I still think GE and Google is a better comparison though. :D
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

Fredjikrang wrote:Good point, Google did buy Youtube. I forgot about that.

I still think GE and Google is a better comparison though. :D
How does GE compare with Google?

Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

They both are active in a lot of markets. Though GE is by far the bigger company.

They are also both manufactures instead of resellers.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Fredjikrang wrote:They both are active in a lot of markets. Though GE is by far the bigger company.

They are also both manufactures instead of resellers.
More like Google and Sharper Image...

except Sharper Image went out of business... lol