#53837 Strong Prescription

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

C is for
um Administrator

#53837 Strong Prescription

Post by C is for »

Congratulations, Blind Child. You probably have what the doctors prefer not to call "pathological myopia." (I'm really embarrassed that I can't remember what they do prefer to call it, but then, pathological myopia sounds more exciting.)

As someone that hovers around -10 in both eyes, I can empathize. I didn't know my eyesight was super bad until a similar experience, and until today I'd never "met" anyone with a prescription as strong as mine.

Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to bother with a lens implant...since my sight will keep getting worse until the end of time. Sad.

Anyone else think they have a cool prescription?
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I have pretty bad astigmatism, so I have 2 numbers for each eye that range between -12 and -16. I tried wearing contacts for a while, but they made my eyes really dry and itchy, and there was only one contact brand that even made my prescription so I couldn't try a different kind. I wear glasses with some kind of ultra-thin lenses so they're really not that thick. But if I take them off and look at them sideways, they look like a whole stack of Coke bottles!
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

NerdGirl wrote: But if I take them off and look at them sideways, they look like a whole stack of Coke bottles!
Is that because you can't see them, or that's how they really are? Just kidding.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I don't remember what my prescription is, nor do I have anything on hand to look at, but I do know that my glasses are as thick as my pinkie and they're supposed to be the lightweight ones.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.