What girls find attractive in guys (53162)

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Katya wrote:Sweet mercy, a friend of my mom's gave me a lecture when she found out I was single and turning 21. (I also took a lot of crap when I turned 21 and didn't go on a mission.)
Ha. Well I can't blame her! The womb is only good for so long...

No but really...do you think that's the norm?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

krebscout wrote:
Katya wrote:Sweet mercy, a friend of my mom's gave me a lecture when she found out I was single and turning 21. (I also took a lot of crap when I turned 21 and didn't go on a mission.)
Ha. Well I can't blame her! The womb is only good for so long...

No but really...do you think that's the norm?
The 21 thing was probably generational, but I do think that any single Mormon over 25 is going to be given a hard time. Of course, if you mean that the majority of Mormons won't say anything to someone in that situation, I agree, but taking crap from a vocal minority is still unpleasant.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I do think that any single Mormon over 25 is going to be given a hard time.
Ok guys, that means I've got a little less than 7 months to get married. Let's get this done! GOGO!
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Marduk wrote:
I do think that any single Mormon over 25 is going to be given a hard time.
Ok guys, that means I've got a little less than 7 months to get married. Let's get this done! GOGO!
What's the rush?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Because then I will be 25. I thought that was what I was supposed to be avoiding.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Marduk wrote:Because then I will be 25. I thought that was what I was supposed to be avoiding.
That's when things just start getting fun. Don't give up being single now!
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Marduk wrote:Because then I will be 25. I thought that was what I was supposed to be avoiding.
I agree with Chilly, I thought the point was to become a menace to society. Become all dangerous and everything. Heck, my dad got married at the age of 27 at BYU some 26 years ago or so. Stick it to the man!
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Where are you guys looking?... This school is huge. They're out there.
I agree with Krebscout. I am only a freshman at BYU and I know a number of open-minded girls here. Not that I'm interested in any of them. (I'm a girl...)
or so this werf thinks...
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Where are you guys looking?... This school is huge. They're out there.
I agree with Krebscout. I am only a freshman at BYU and I know a number of open-minded girls here. Not that I'm interested in any of them. (I'm a girl...)
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Oops. Didn't mean to post that twice...
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Just a small update. Two dates this month, one with a girl that my brother's girlfriend set me up with, and one that I had been wanting to ask out for a long time. The first, date went so-so, texted her (at said bro's gf's request) and never got a response back. The second, took to lunch, it went REALLY well, almost no stops in conversation, best first date I've had in....ever. Called her the next week, and asked if she would be free to do something this week, and she tells me "I think you are a great guy, but I'm just not interested, and I thought I'd be up front with you. Didn't want you wasting any more money on me." (Which is fine by the way, I'd rather this than that she just dodge my calls). Still, AAAAARGH. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Hey, she's honest and blunt, that's cool.

Second, in my experience, it's desperation that's been a problem for me. Just don't worry about it and have some fun.