Universal law

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Universal law

Post by Marduk »

Question57383, for reference.

I disagree with the first postulate. I would suggest that there are universal principles, and laws are created based on humanities current understanding/progress in eternal principles. Or, perhaps more accurately, there are universal laws, but the question uses the term incorrectly. A better term might be rules.
Deus ab veritas
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

a more interesting question would be if it is a sin for a person to travel back in time prior to the word of wisdom becoming a commandment and to drink alcohol..
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

bismark wrote:a more interesting question would be if it is a sin for a person to travel back in time prior to the word of wisdom becoming a commandment and to drink alcohol..
Yes, perhaps if time travel were even theoretically possible. Travelling to another world is a far more realistic scenario. Not that either will ever happen.
Deus ab veritas
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

What if you went to another planet where they used wine for the sacrament? That could be an awkward situation.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I agree with Marduk. (I also agree with bismark and NerdGirl)