Jacob Call

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Re: Jacob Call

Post by thebigcheese »

Gimgimno wrote:He wasn't just a writer--anyone familiar with the early Board would immediately recognize his nym.
Hmm...now you've got me all curious-like.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I have a guess! But if no one else is going to guess then I won't either in case I'm right. If I'm beyond wrong then it doesn't matter.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I'll guess NKOTB, but I'm not sure if the timing works for that or if that qualifies as the early days of the board.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

NerdGirl wrote:I'll guess NKOTB, but I'm not sure if the timing works for that or if that qualifies as the early days of the board.

Nope, that's not it.

Also, I have 31 Facebook!Friends in common with him.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I got a feeling about Latro.

(Edited because it looked horrible to me.)
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Latro is my guess as well.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

No, he was definitely not Latro.

I love that this discussion is happening, by the way. You haven't lived until you've had an awkward moment with Jacob Call.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Tangerine wrote:No, he was definitely not Latro.

I love that this discussion is happening, by the way. You haven't lived until you've had an awkward moment with Jacob Call.
Note to self: I don't want to live.
Deus ab veritas
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Marduk wrote:
Note to self: I don't want to live.
You're not likely to. He moved down south. (See how much I know about him and we're not even friends, nor am I sure we've ever spoken.)

I feel better about being wrong about who he was. There are all sorts of possibilities yet but I don't really care.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

brit boy
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Dude bismark I was just about to say that! Ask my mom if you don't believe me.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

You all may be interested in knowing that he still reads the Board and sent the writers a little "thank you" note! What a nice guy. :)
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I first met Jacob call while working the closing shift at L&T. The gate was down, I was wrapping up the corn chips, and he came up, said nothing, and reached his hand inside the gate. I gave him a corn chip, and he walked away.

I found out who he was much later. He reminds me of my old best friend from high school - same hair, same tendency to climb things, and same tendency to silently ask for corn chips from a stranger.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Marduk wrote:Yeah, no idea who he is. But I suppose that doesn't really come as a surprise to anyone.

Edited to say that I apparently have two friends in common with him, one of whom is Krebscout, and therefore does not count.
Doesn't count because you and I have never met? Shame, really. I like you, and I hear you make good food for people.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

krebscout wrote:
Marduk wrote:Yeah, no idea who he is. But I suppose that doesn't really come as a surprise to anyone.

Edited to say that I apparently have two friends in common with him, one of whom is Krebscout, and therefore does not count.
Doesn't count because you and I have never met? Shame, really. I like you, and I hear you make good food for people.
Awww, that's so sweet! Ok, you count. And we'll have to figure out what food will keep during shipping...
Deus ab veritas