#60405 - Project Runway

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

#60405 - Project Runway

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/60405/

My mother and I are not exactly big fans of this show, but we do watch every single episode every single week, so no one would know we weren't. I found the answers amusing because my mother and I hated Gretchen. Well, maybe not hate, but we didn't ever like her. My mom's main problem with her is that she won the second challenge with a dress my mother has the pattern for downstairs, a pattern she bought in the 80's. I didn't like her attitude. We're both upset that she won. It totally should have been Mondo! *sadface*
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheAnswerIs42

Re: #60405 - Project Runway

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I agree! I'll admit, I don't think the collection was Mondo's best stuff, but Gretchen was too much of a two-faced jerk. I mean, she would have told you something was her favorite outfit she ever created, but if the judges told her it was awful she cried and told you she had lost her way and would do better. But that's just her personality. The clothes were terrible. And why did they all spend all season ripping on poor Michael C? The poor guy. I really wish I had seen his collection. If I wasn't keen on modesty, I would have loved one of his drapey dresses. SO beautiful.

Anyway, yes, I agreed with the writers 100%. I hated this season of Project Runway.
Paperback_Writer

Post by Paperback_Writer »

Ah! I was just so mad about the results!!! I reiterate everything I said in my answer and say that I'm still not over it! Usually, if I don't agree with the end of a TV show, I just get over it. But I can't! I'm just that mad.

Michael C was my favorite and I wish I could have seen his whole collection. I loved his Statue of Liberty dress he made near the end of the show.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I really liked Michael too! I wish he'd been showing his collection. But it seems that everyone's collection was disappointing.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

here's the thing though, SHOWING the collection isn't even an honor anymore because there were AT LEAST 6 decoys this season and last season. so michael did show, he just wasn't in the running for the money.

i ADORED mondo's collection, and i'm planning on getting his skull tshirt on his etsy site as soon as i get paid on the 15.

gretchen's clothes look like they're for hippy lesbians who don't shower. the prints were ATROCIOUS. i don't know if any of you read projectrungay, but they have a great critique of all of the collections, and a lot of great things to say about the gretchen debacle.
beautiful, dirty, rich
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Wait, he has an etsy site? One really by him? I see knockoffs, but which one is really him?

And now that you've pointed out the projectrungay site, the last half an hour here was totally unproductive . . . great site.

Can you explain more about the decoys? Which ones do you think were decoys?
Paperback_Writer

Imogen wrote:here's the thing though, SHOWING the collection isn't even an honor anymore because there were AT LEAST 6 decoys this season and last season. so michael did show, he just wasn't in the running for the money.
I'm confused... a decoy? Sorry, I just don't understand what you mean! Would you mind explaining a bit? I'd love to know what you're talking about.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Ahh, I read more on that projectrungay site and figured it out. Since there is a gap between when the fashion week shows and how behind the show is at that point, they show collections for everybody who isn't eliminated by that point in the show. So Casanova and Michael D and others had collections so that no one who saw the runway show knew who got eliminated.

On the plus side, I was happy that I actually got to see Michael C's collection - and the other people that got kicked off. Cool stuff.
Paperback_Writer

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:On the plus side, I was happy that I actually got to see Michael C's collection - and the other people that got kicked off. Cool stuff.
Ooh link! I'd love to see it!
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Let's see . . . in no particular order . . .

Ivy

Valerie

Michael C.

April

Casanova

Michael Drummond

I can understand the idea behind the decoys, but . . . the sheer number surprises me. I mean, it really changes all of those images where the person voted off cried about not going to fashion week. And all the times the winners talked about how much it would mean to make it to fashion week. Half of the entire cast made it to fashion week, people. The 2nd and 3rd place people didn't get anything more out of it than 4th - 10th. And that's kinda sad.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Oh, and I should mention, the above linked-to critiques of the collections are probably not entirely clean, language-wise. Most of what is on that site isn't.
Paperback_Writer

Thanks so much for posting the links! I have to say after seeing Michael C's collection, I didn't like it that much. I thought the commentary about it was really funny. And what was with that last dress? The see-through top on the dress?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

the first few seasons only the final 4 showed at fashion week, which made it much more exciting. a lot of people thought gretchen was a decoy, and SHE WON!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lovemondotrasho

that's mondo's etsy site. there's not much on there, but there's some cute stuff.
beautiful, dirty, rich