Re: Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Post by Marduk »

No, it makes him seem tough.
Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:In other news, through no fault or intent of my own, I discovered Katya on the F-book. Maybe now I'M the one who needs a title... "the incidental facebook stalker," perhaps?
I would be utterly shocked if you're the first person this has happened to. Actually, for a long time, FB would regularly inform me of the new people who had joined the Board, because they'd be recommended as a friend, and I'd have no clue who they were even though we apparently had 12 friends in common, and then I'd click through to see who the friends were and then figure out what was going on.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

So.....should I add you? Buddy? Pal? Friend?

(also, Bob says this comment is creepy)
Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:So.....should I add you? Buddy? Pal? Friend?
Absolutely. (I was going to ask why you hadn't, although I'm guessing I wouldn't recognize your name.)
Marduk wrote:(also, Bob says this comment is creepy)
Bob is mistaken. Also this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Well, if I didn't already know Katya's real name, I would shortly be discovering it. (My initial discovery was also by accident, but there are only so many difficult-first-name librarians around.)

Also, if I didn't already know the vulgar word tossed around in the OMG thread recently, reading that article would've clued me in.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

krebscout wrote:Oh goodness, how terrifying for the parents. I'm so glad he's doing so well. And quite the handsome kid. What a blessing.
My son-in-law and daughter fasted and prayed about this some months ago and felt a strong assurance that all would be well. So, they were very calm and peaceful, while I ... kept praying and worrying that the worst might happen. I prayed that he might be born perfectly well and normal, without any problems. I think sometimes my wife thought I was asking for too much, but I didn't think it was too much. I just thought I was asking for a miracle. Miracles do happen.

I think he is a very handsome kid. Do you think he looks a little like Sean Connery? ;)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Katya wrote:
Marduk wrote:(also, Bob says this comment is creepy)
Bob is mistaken. Also this.
If a man is going to speak to his girlfriend in a creepy voice, and even be proud of this creepy voice, than he deserves to be called creepy. That's all I have to say. : )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Boys should not invite girls to go on camping trips, indicate that they will get back to the girls with details so the girls do not make any plans for the weekend, and then still not have contacted the girls the night before the camping trip is supposedly happening. No, no they should not.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Hmm...I don't think any of y'alls are Facebook buddies with me. If you know differently, tell me on my wall. Otherwise, I will continue to keep my identity secret. :p
On another note, I would just like to say that I have an awesome "creepy voice." That is all.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Wisteria wrote:Boys should not invite girls to go on camping trips, indicate that they will get back to the girls with details so the girls do not make any plans for the weekend, and then still not have contacted the girls the night before the camping trip is supposedly happening. No, no they should not.
Ugh, I hate when people flake out on stuff like that. If I tell you that I'm going to do something, or that I'm going to be somewhere, you can count on it. Being true to my word is something that's really important to me. I wish it was important to everyone else...
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

C is for wrote:Also, if I didn't already know the vulgar word tossed around in the OMG thread recently, reading that article would've clued me in.
Sorry. Should have added a language warning.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Katya wrote:
Marduk wrote:In other news, through no fault or intent of my own, I discovered Katya on the F-book. Maybe now I'M the one who needs a title... "the incidental facebook stalker," perhaps?
I would be utterly shocked if you're the first person this has happened to. Actually, for a long time, FB would regularly inform me of the new people who had joined the Board, because they'd be recommended as a friend, and I'd have no clue who they were even though we apparently had 12 friends in common, and then I'd click through to see who the friends were and then figure out what was going on.
i totally found her too, even though we only have one friend in common.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Imogen wrote:
Katya wrote:
i totally found her too, even though we only have one friend in common.
How come everyone gets to find me and I don't get to find anyone? :cry:
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

You can find me. I think I'm Facebook friends with three people on this board and I've never gone hunting for anyone.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I'm Facebook friends with 5 people on this board.

Anyway, in unrelated news, one of my professors led the class in a spirited rendition of "Hail Britannia" today. Awesome.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Craig, I wondered what that Facebook status was about.

Katya, you could find me but I don't think you'd want to. I'm even more boring in real, Facebook life than I am here.

In my unrelated news...well, I don't really have much. I got home and my computer was on my bed, unplugged, still running. I started hyperventilating and plugged it in right away. It doesn't charge well and I only just caught it before the low battery light started blinking. I'm not especially happy with the way my sister borrows my things then doesn't take care of them.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I doubt any of you could find me on facebook. Maybe Wisteria, because I think I sent her my real email address one time ... But other than that, I think only one person from the Board community knows my real name (the one who introduced me to the Board back in ... 2005?), and I'm not sure she even reads it anymore. Actually I'm reasonably certain she doesn't at the moment, because she's serving a mission. But if you want to prove me wrong and friend me, that's okay by me!
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

YOU GUYS.

On Facebook I looked up a junior high teacher that had a particular impact on my life and I totally found her! She even remembered me!
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Last night, I had the creepiest dream of all time. I was working at some kind of biology lab, and I was in charge of human remains disposal...via the sink's garbage disposal. Gross.
habiba

Post by habiba »

Hey Craig, remember when Hobbes and I (fairly lamely) KIDNAPPED you? That was fun.

I don't know that many people around here anymore, but for those that care, I'm getting married.
allahu akbar