LTUE

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dead Cat
Completed

LTUE

Post by Dead Cat »

http://www.ltue.org/LTUE_2011.html

Has anyone here ever gone to LTUE before? After looking at the schedule, it seems likely that I won't be going to class (normal, everyday class, that is) for the next couple of days. Anyone have any recommendations on which sessions to attend?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
mic0

Re: LTUE

Post by mic0 »

I'm thinking of going to Dr. Elzinga's talk about constructed languages. He is a great professor and has a quirky sense of humor so I think his will be really good.

Other than that, I've heard good things about LTUE in the past. If you are a writer then the writing workshops are supposed to be very informative and professional, plus you can make great contacts there.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Just looking at the people involved, I'd want to listen to Michael Collings, John Brown, Dan Wells, Rob Wells, Howard Tayler, Dave Wolverton, and Jake Black.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Oh man, people! If you didn't go today, you should seriously consider going Friday and Saturday. If you're a student with an ID (and you don't need to be a student of BYU) you can get in for free! And they're going to record Writing Excuses on Saturday, so you should at least go to that. I'm kind of excited, can't you tell?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My cousins and their parents are always at this event, so I will probably be on campus sometime to visit them, which is almost like going...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.