Donald Duck comic books

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
TheAnswerIs42

Donald Duck comic books

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

If Humble Master still wrote for the board, I would have phrased this in some lame question form over there. Now I can just post the link here and see if anyone else thinks this is kinda awesome.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19021_5- ... ously.html
Dead Cat
Completed

Re: Donald Duck comic books

Post by Dead Cat »

That was AWESOME! Are you sure they didn't go back in time and present the ideas as their own? Especially the molecule--that was just crazy!
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

I had heard most of those, but not the Manga influence, which culturally speaking may be the most significant. But the molecule one is mind-blowing.

In comic book circles Carl Bark's run on Scrooge McDuck is considered one of the high points of the medium, routinely compared with works such as Watchmen, Maus, Bone, or Tintin.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

HM, have you read Bayou?
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

I have not.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I did a reclass of some of our graphic novels and when I got to that one, I got so engrossed in it that I had to set it aside so I could read the entire thing. It's set in Jim Crow-era Mississippi but with fantasy elements. It's going to be a 3 volume series; the second just came out and I think the third will be out next year. You can read the first volume online here: https://comics.comixology.com/#/issue/2584/Bayou%20#1

I haven't read a ton of graphic novels, so I'd love to get your reaction to it. (Maybe they're all that good, and I'm just missing out. ;) )