Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
UffishThought

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by UffishThought »

Marduk wrote:Oooh, a Hudsucker Proxy reference. Nice.
Wait, I missed it. And I nearly know that movie by heart. Where was it?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

The initial design proposal for the death star is simply a circle, and the note says "not for kids."
Deus ab veritas
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Anyone want to know more about ancient Chinese literature (or a certain piece, anyways) than you ever cared to know? #oxymoron
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Meanwhile, I'm giving up tumblr for Lent. It's gonna be tough. My evenings will stretch out smoothly. Huh. I said emptily and it autocorrected to smoothly.

Come to think of it, it's a great time to pick up a new boyfriend. Or some other hobby, I'm not too picky.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

How do you have time for things like that? I have to stay up late just to get a quick half hour of gaming in after my workday.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

C is for wrote: Come to think of it, it's a great time to pick up a new boyfriend. Or some other hobby, I'm not too picky.
I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Craig Jessop wrote:
C is for wrote: Come to think of it, it's a great time to pick up a new boyfriend. Or some other hobby, I'm not too picky.
I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!
Hobby or boyfriend?
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Marduk wrote:The initial design proposal for the death star is simply a circle, and the note says "not for kids."
That will teach me to just scan the text! And how wonderful. I love that movie. I love when other people love that movie, too.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:How do you have time for things like that? I have to stay up late just to get a quick half hour of gaming in after my workday.
Oh, me? I only work 8 hours a day and get home before 6. It's somewhat a different schedule than you keep.

You know my life is easy when I'm complaining about all my free time in the evenings.
Giovanni Schwartz

An open letter to Sally DeFord

Dear Sally,

I'm sorry for ever hating on you. I mean, when there are things like this in the world, I realize what a great person you actually are.

Love,

Me.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

C is for wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:How do you have time for things like that? I have to stay up late just to get a quick half hour of gaming in after my workday.
Oh, me? I only work 8 hours a day and get home before 6. It's somewhat a different schedule than you keep.

You know my life is easy when I'm complaining about all my free time in the evenings.
I suppose it is easier when you can get your eight hours done in one shot. I keep having to take half-hour breaks to drive Marduk to school and other nonsense. : )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Woah! They finally finished that?! I remember watching it when I was in high school (probably 2006 or 2007) and it only made it until about when they docked on the Death Star.

ETA still sounds like Estimated Time of Arrival to me: Never mind. It hasn't really progressed since then. Except for that last little ending clip.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Ah, I fast forwarded pretty far into it and just assumed it was all there.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Does it make me a horrible person if someone's facebook status about their wife's birth complications only makes me think "They named their kid Cumorah?
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Zedability wrote:Does it make me a horrible person if someone's facebook status about their wife's birth complications only makes me think "They named their kid Cumorah?
Haha. Well, for what it's worth, Cumorah doesn't show up even once in the baby name data I downloaded, so that means there's never been a year since 1880 where even 5 boys named Cumorah were born in the US...
Digit

Post by Digit »

Is the family name Hill?
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Laser Jock wrote:
Zedability wrote:Does it make me a horrible person if someone's facebook status about their wife's birth complications only makes me think "They named their kid Cumorah?
Haha. Well, for what it's worth, Cumorah doesn't show up even once in the baby name data I downloaded, so that means there's never been a year since 1880 where even 5 boys named Cumorah were born in the US...
That's because nobody should ever name their kids that. Also, these people are Canadians living in Australia.
Giovanni Schwartz

I bet they haven't the wonkiest accent ever.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Digit wrote:Is the family name Hill?
Personally, I think that would be an awesome name. :D Good thinking. Okay, maybe not for a person, but a pet or maybe a character?