Which reader is the meanest?

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Who is meanest?

Katya
4%
bobtheenchantedone
2%
Giovanni Schwartz
6%
Portia
12%
Marduk
16%
NerdGirl
6%
Vorpal Blade
14%
Whistler
No votes
Imogen
2%
Mico
2%
Emiliana
No votes
Digit
No votes
Uffish Thought
No votes
Tally M.
No votes
The Black Sheep
2%
chillygator
No votes
Genuine Article
2%
Cindy
No votes
Smurf Blue Snuggie
No votes
Violet
No votes
Indefinite Integral
No votes
wryness
No votes
Squirrel
2%
C is for
No votes
S.A.M.
2%
No Dice
6%
Concorde
No votes
Someone Else that I forgot
20%

Total votes: 49

Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: Which reader is the meanest?

Post by Marduk »

You're welcome.
Deus ab veritas
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

You're such a jerk trollolololol.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Well, I'm not offended ("someone is wrong on the Internet!"), but I hope others don't feel personally attacked. (Except Squirrel. She knows what she did.) People who know me in person seem to think I am plenty warm and friendly, though certainly passionate in my viewpoints and yes, sarcastic. I will attempt to better convey the caring side of my personality, but I don't feel inclined to temper my outspokenness.

You all have clearly forgotten Thor. Or Cognoscente. Or some of the secondary 'nyms from 5, 8 years ago. When Laser Jock is what passes for a "mean writer," (??????) you're too darn sensitive.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Portia wrote:You all have clearly forgotten Thor. Or Cognoscente. Or some of the secondary 'nyms from 5, 8 years ago. When Laser Jock is what passes for a "mean writer," (??????) you're too darn sensitive.
I was thinking about Cognoscente when we first started this discussion. He was such a wonderfully caustic writer, if there is such a thing.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Portia wrote:Well, I'm not offended ("someone is wrong on the Internet!"), but I hope others don't feel personally attacked. (Except Squirrel. She knows what she did.) People who know me in person seem to think I am plenty warm and friendly, though certainly passionate in my viewpoints and yes, sarcastic. I will attempt to better convey the caring side of my personality, but I don't feel inclined to temper my outspokenness.

You all have clearly forgotten Thor. Or Cognoscente. Or some of the secondary 'nyms from 5, 8 years ago. When Laser Jock is what passes for a "mean writer," (??????) you're too darn sensitive.

I didn't find Coggers mean, but I must admit I AM kind of a bitch in real life. That might be why.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Haleakalā

Post by Haleakalā »

I thought this reader's question was a bit harsh, and I don't think the board has become overall meaner, but I do think there is a higher percentage of "mean" answers. I think a better word for "mean" is probably apathetic though. There are a lot of quick, simple questions that come in now, more than it seems like there used to be.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Citation? Can someone (Laser "Jerk" :P ? ) run a macro on question length? I don't have that impression at all. Plenty of novels.
Haleakalā

Post by Haleakalā »

Portia wrote:Citation? Can someone (Laser "Jerk" :P ? ) run a macro on question length? I don't have that impression at all. Plenty of novels.
Maybe I'm wrong. I'd be interested to see an average question length compared to before. You've been here longer. :)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

There's a balance between making things too wordy and making things brief. Sometimes, all it really needs is a simple link or quick explanation with not much more. It is possible to try and make it longer (when it only needs a quick answer) but it's usually not worth it, and it ends up sounding overly long.
Haleakalā

Post by Haleakalā »

Tally M. wrote:There's a balance between making things too wordy and making things brief. Sometimes, all it really needs is a simple link or quick explanation with not much more. It is possible to try and make it longer (when it only needs a quick answer) but it's usually not worth it, and it ends up sounding overly long.
Sorry, I realize I wasn't clear. I mean that readers seem to be asking lots of questions that lend themselves to those types of shorter answers - not that writers have become lazier or anything.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

:evil:
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

:roll: